- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- 59.95$ Microsoft Publisher 2013 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2014 (en)
- Buy Cheap Frischluft Fresh Curves for AE and PrPro
- Discount - Adobe InCopy CS6 MAC
- Buy Cheap ARTS PDF Stamper
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Online Marketing Fundamentals cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (32-bit)
- Discount - Omni Group OmniGraphSketcher MAC
- Buy Cheap I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Pro MAC
- 9.95$ Access 2010 For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Cheap MacItBetter BetterZip 2 MAC
|Governor Quinn Launches “SaveOurState.Illinois.Gov” Website|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Leslie Wertheimer|
|Friday, 18 May 2012 13:48|
New Online Tool Empowers Public to Take Action to Rescue Medicaid and Pension Systems
SPRINGFIELD– May 16, 2012. Governor Pat Quinn today announced SaveOurState.Illinois.gov, a new resource to empower the people of Illinois to help restore fiscal stability to our state. This new online tool provides helpful background on the state’s Medicaid and pension challenges, details about the governor's proposed solutions, and the latest media reports on these issues. In addition, SaveOurState.Illinois.gov helps citizens take action by directing them to contact information for their local legislators.
“We owe it to the next generation to rise to the occasion in the next 15 days and restore fiscal stability to Illinois,” Governor Quinn said. “It's important for the people of Illinois to make their voices heard like never before and urge their legislators to address these difficult challenges.”
The Medicaid and pension systems currently take up 39% of state general revenue spending, and will grow to 50% next year without major reforms. Inaction could also severely limit the state’s ability to fund core services like education and public safety, threaten the state’s credit rating and hurt the long-term sustainability of both systems.
Governor Quinn’s plan to stabilize public pensions would save taxpayers up to $85 billion, eliminate the unfunded liability over 30 years and allow public employees who have faithfully contributed to the system to continue to receive pension benefits. His Medicaid restructuring plan would create $2.7 billion in savings by cutting waste, fraud and abuse; raising the price of cigarettes by one dollar, and bringing in dollar-for-dollar federal matching funds.
For more information about the urgency of repairing Illinois’ Medicaid and public pension systems and to take action, visit http://saveoursate.illinois.
Tags See All Tags