- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium MAC
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 One On One: Fundamentals (en)
- Discount - Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (64-bit)
- Discount - GFI MailArchiver 6.0
- Download Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training MAC
- Buy Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite (en,fr,de,ja,ru,es)
- 199.95$ Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy Macromates TextMate MAC (en)
- 329.95$ Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap NewBlue Titler Pro
- Buy IMAGENOMIC Portraiture 2 for Adobe Photoshop MAC (en)
|Governor Quinn Launches “SaveOurState.Illinois.Gov” Website|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Leslie Wertheimer|
|Friday, 18 May 2012 13:48|
New Online Tool Empowers Public to Take Action to Rescue Medicaid and Pension Systems
SPRINGFIELD– May 16, 2012. Governor Pat Quinn today announced SaveOurState.Illinois.gov, a new resource to empower the people of Illinois to help restore fiscal stability to our state. This new online tool provides helpful background on the state’s Medicaid and pension challenges, details about the governor's proposed solutions, and the latest media reports on these issues. In addition, SaveOurState.Illinois.gov helps citizens take action by directing them to contact information for their local legislators.
“We owe it to the next generation to rise to the occasion in the next 15 days and restore fiscal stability to Illinois,” Governor Quinn said. “It's important for the people of Illinois to make their voices heard like never before and urge their legislators to address these difficult challenges.”
The Medicaid and pension systems currently take up 39% of state general revenue spending, and will grow to 50% next year without major reforms. Inaction could also severely limit the state’s ability to fund core services like education and public safety, threaten the state’s credit rating and hurt the long-term sustainability of both systems.
Governor Quinn’s plan to stabilize public pensions would save taxpayers up to $85 billion, eliminate the unfunded liability over 30 years and allow public employees who have faithfully contributed to the system to continue to receive pension benefits. His Medicaid restructuring plan would create $2.7 billion in savings by cutting waste, fraud and abuse; raising the price of cigarettes by one dollar, and bringing in dollar-for-dollar federal matching funds.
For more information about the urgency of repairing Illinois’ Medicaid and public pension systems and to take action, visit http://saveoursate.illinois.
Tags See All Tags