- 59.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard (ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,en,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Discount - Futuremark PCMark Vantage Advanced
- Buy OEM ActiveState Komodo IDE 5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Advanced HTML5 Training MAC
- Download ACDSee Photo Manager 2009
- Buy iPhone App Development: The Missing Manual (en)
- Buy Adobe Illustrator CS5 on Demand (en)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- 139.95$ Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (32 bit) cheap oem
- Download Sony ACID Pro 6
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection
- Download Zend Studio Pro 8 MAC
|Governor Quinn Launches State Open Data Website|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Andrew Mason|
|Tuesday, 21 June 2011 15:21|
Data Portal Increases Access to Information;
CHICAGO – June 21, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn today announced the launch of a state website designed to provide open access to state data and greater transparency in state government. The platform is the second initiative of the Governor’s Illinois Innovation Council.
The State of Illinois Open Data site, www.Data.Illinois.Gov, is a searchable clearinghouse of information from state agencies that will help inform residents about the operation of state government and encourage the creative use of state information, including the development of applications for mobile devices that can be built around the data.
“The Open Data initiative opens the doors of state government to everyday citizens and technology professionals alike in creating an unprecedented level of transparency and access to information. This is a creative new opportunity to use state data in novel and interesting ways that engage residents, plugging them into their state government like never before,” Governor Quinn said. “It will also help spur economic development by encouraging software developers to create innovative and useful applications for this data.”
The data site is an initiative of the Illinois Innovation Council, created by Governor Quinn in February, to promote economic development through innovation and the engagement of citizens, developers, academia and industry. The council promotes the role and importance of innovation in economic development and quality of life. For more information, please visit www.illinoisinnovation.com.
“The Illinois Innovation Council is working to connect the dots between research, talent, capital, ideas, government and technology to accelerate the growth of businesses and industries in the Midwest. Today, we start to add the troves of public data to the mix. This underutilized asset holds untapped potential to fuel the growth of Illinois’ innovation economy,” said Lightbank Managing Partner, and Groupon Co-Founder and Director Brad Keywell.
The first phase of the site was launched with data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, the Illinois Department of Revenue and the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. Residents who explore the site will find a host of helpful information, such as traffic data from IDOT or tourism data from DCEO. The site will continue to grow with data as more state agencies are added, with the goal of being a comprehensive source of information on how state government operates.
The council held its second meeting this week and will hold two additional meetings in the coming year. The Illinois Science and Technology Coalition, an independent, not-for-profit organization, is also assisting the council.
Tags See All Tags