- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
- Download Autodesk Combustion 4
- Download Lynda.com - Drupal 7: Reporting and Visualizing Data
- 29.95$ Efreesky MagicTweak 4.11 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Many Tricks Usher MAC
- Buy Cheap Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced MAC
- Download Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Europe
- Discount - Unity 3D Pro MAC
- Buy Cheap DxO Optics Pro Elite 8
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 SP2 (32 bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2010
- Buy OEM Cyberlink Powercinema 5
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
|Governor Quinn Signs Legislation to Advance Wind Energy in Illinois|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Katelyn Tye|
|Tuesday, 09 August 2011 12:19|
New Laws Give State Additional Tools to Grow Green Economy
CHICAGO – August 7, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn today announced the signing of two bills into law that advance clean wind energy in Illinois. The new laws create a council to study offshore wind energy projects in Lake Michigan and clear the way for more wind energy projects throughout Illinois.
“These bills give the state additional tools to further enhance Illinois’ growing renewable energy industry,” Governor Quinn said. “A thriving green energy sector will further strengthen Illinois’ economy, create jobs and boost our economic recovery.”
House Bill 1558, sponsored by Rep. Robyn Gabel (D-Evanston) and Sen. Jeff Schoenberg (D-Evanston), creates the Lake Michigan Offshore Wind Energy Advisory Council within the Department of Natural Resources (IDNR). The council will review the potential for wind energy projects in the waters of Lake Michigan. It will be chaired by the director of the IDNR and will be made up of representatives from state agencies and organizations that include environmental, tourism, education and energy entities.
"Offshore wind power provides our communities an incredible opportunity for clean and efficient energy, and helps our state achieve its energy independence goals,” Gabel said. “With this unique opportunity, however, comes new challenges, and it is important that we undertake this process to set the right guidelines from the start. I would like to thank Governor Quinn for signing this into law."
After examining wildlife impact, protected habitats and recreational uses of Lake Michigan, the council will identify locations that would be appropriate for offshore wind development. The council will present its recommendations to the Governor and General Assembly by June 30, 2012. The law goes into effect immediately.
Governor Quinn also signed House Bill 1487, sponsored by Rep. Chad Hays (R-Catlin) and Sen. Mike Frerichs (D-Champaign). The new law creates the Renewable Energy Production District Act, which allows county boards to establish renewable energy districts or wind farm districts. Under the new law, such a district would receive approval through a voter referendum.
House Bill 1487 goes in effect immediately.
Tags See All Tags