- Download Adobe FreeHand MX
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Inventor 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Xilisoft DVD Creator 3 MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effects cheap oem
- Download iStopMotion 2 Pro MAC
- 99.95$ Corel Painter X cheap oem
- Discount - Steinberg Halion 3
- 29.95$ Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum 5 cheap oem
- Buy OEM PowerPoint 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS: Styling Navigation (en)
- Download Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (32-bit)
|Governor Quinn Statement on The Gap’s Move to Raise Its Employee Minimum Wage|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Dave Blanchette|
|Friday, 21 February 2014 10:51|
CHICAGO – Governor Quinn issued the following statement on The Gap, Inc.’s decision to raise its own minimum wage to $10 for all U.S. employees, a move that is expected to impact 65,000 American workers. The Gap has almost 40 Illinois locations:
“I applaud The Gap’s decision to be an industry trailblazer and pay all of its workers a minimum wage of $10 an hour.
“The Gap's decision is the latest proof that many businesses understand that raising the minimum wage makes good business sense. Higher wages for hard-working employees means they will spend more at local businesses, which in turns boosts economic growth.
“Today the Illinois minimum wage is less than half the average hourly wage. It is well below the Federal Poverty Threshold for a family of three. As I've always said, nobody should work 40 hours a week and live in poverty. This is about dignity and decency.
“Illinois and the rest of the nation should follow The Gap’s good example – we should raise the minimum wage and build an economy that works for everyone."###
Tags See All Tags