- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection
- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC
- 49.95$ Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Acrobat XI Pro MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Web Design Fundamentals
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Project Standard 2013 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC
- 59.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 12 cheap oem
- Discount - ABest Video to MOV SWF FLV Converter
- Buy Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features (en)
- Discount - IMSI TurboCAD Pro V5 MAC
- 9.95$ Windows 7 Just the Steps For Dummies cheap oem
|Governor Quinn to Sign Historic Marriage Equality Legislation|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Brooke Anderson|
|Friday, 08 November 2013 09:43|
Signing Ceremony to Take Place November 20 at UIC Forum
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Quinn today announced that he will sign historic legislation in the days ahead that will make Illinois the 15th state in the nation to embrace full marriage equality. The signing ceremony will take place at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Forum on November 20, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.
“Marriage equality is coming to Illinois,” Governor Quinn said. “I look forward to signing this landmark legislation on November 20 and celebrating a big step forward with the people of Illinois.”
The legislation, which was approved by the Illinois House this week in a historic vote, will permit all couples in Illinois to receive the rights and protections of marriage. As part of his agenda to ensure Illinois embraces all people, Governor Quinn made marriage equality a top legislative priority this year, featuring it in his 2013 State of the State address.
For the second year in a row, UIC was recently named among the nation’s top 25 campuses for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students. UIC is the only institution in Illinois among the top 25 campuses. The UIC Forum is located at 725 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago‚ IL 60608.
UIC houses the historic Hull House, now a museum, which opened Chicago’s doors to the world’s immigrants and became the national center for innovative social and educational programs. In the fall of 2013, the university experienced record-breaking enrollment of 27,589. For the second year in a row in fiscal year 2013 more than 3,800 baccalaureate degrees were awarded, and more graduate and professional degrees were awarded than last year as well.
This momentous celebration will be free of charge and open to the public. For more information, including how to attend this historic event, please visit Equality.Illinois.gov.###
Tags See All Tags