- Download Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3 MAC
- Discount - Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (64-bit)
- Download Autodesk Softimage 2014
- Buy Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 (en)
- 9.95$ Brainjuice Blogo MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Nik Software Complete Collection 2013 MAC
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - LinkedIn Essential Training
- Download The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers
- 99.95$ Microsoft MapPoint 2009 North America cheap oem
- Discount - Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Prelude CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
|Governor Quinn to Visit Israel|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Andrew Mason|
|Monday, 18 July 2011 10:44|
Educational Mission to Focus on Strengthening Relations,
CHICAGO – July 15, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn will visit the State of Israel from July 19 through July 25, 2011 to further develop ties between Illinois and Israel. The week-long educational mission will include meetings with Israeli officials, visits to innovative businesses, the signing of a ‘Sister Lakes’ agreement, and witnessing the signing of a cooperation agreement between Israeli and Illinois universities.
“Israel, like Illinois, is making key advancements in innovative technologies and the business sectors that are creating the jobs of today and tomorrow,” said Governor Quinn. “Education, green technologies, and our environment are some of the most critical issues facing our world. This visit is about sharing what we know, and learning from our friends.”
The Governor will visit Better Place, which helps further development of battery-operated vehicles by developing battery charging and swapping locations. He will also stop at the Israeli headquarters of Motorola Solutions, which has its global headquarters based in Schaumburg.
Governor Quinn will also attend the signing of a formal agreement between Ben-Gurion University and the University of Illinois at Chicago, which was encouraged by the Governor’s Office and the Jewish United Fund. The agreement will help promote faculty exchange, student exchange, joint research efforts, and other partnerships to advance higher education in both institutions.
Israel and the State of Illinois will also enter into a ‘Sister Lakes’ agreement, which will be signed by the Governor during his visit. The Sister Lakes’ agreement will benefit Israel’s Lake Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) and Lake Michigan by helping Illinois and Israel develop and share solutions regarding water purification, invasive fish species, and other environmental concerns. The Governor will also tour Lake Kinneret with lead scientists conducting research at the site.
The Governor’s educational visit to Israel was organized and paid for by the Jewish United Fund (JUF) of Metropolitan Chicago. Joining him are Illinois State Senators Jeffrey Schoenberg and Ira Silverstein, along with Skip Schrayer, Chairman of the Jewish United Fund and Michael Kotzin, Executive Vice President of the Jewish United Fund and other Illinois leaders.
Tags See All Tags