- 99.95$ Autodesk Impression 3 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Acala DVD to Pocket PC
- Buy OEM Adobe Font Folio 11
- 199.95$ Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features cheap oem
- Buy OEM ABest Video to RM RMVB MPEG Converter
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training
- Download Lynda.com - CSS For Developers
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Alien Skin Blow Up 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Sketchbook Designer 2011
|Governor Quinn Urges Residents Across Illinois to Help Victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan|
|News Releases - Environment, Weather & Nature|
|Written by Brooke Anderson|
|Friday, 15 November 2013 14:48|
Visits Volunteers Working to Help Residents of the Philippines As They Recover from One of the Largest Storms in Recorded History
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today encouraged everyone in Illinois to support the relief efforts that are helping millions of people in the Philippines who are recovering from Super Typhoon Haiyan. The Governor visited volunteers at the Jose P. Rizal Heritage Center in Chicago who are working tirelessly to support the besieged nation’s recovery.
“I encourage everyone in Illinois to do what they can to contribute to these critical relief efforts,” Governor Quinn said. “As the Philippines recovers from this unprecedented catastrophe, we want them to know they are in the hearts and prayers of the people of Illinois and help is on the way.”
The Rizal Center (1332 W. Irving Park Rd., Chicago) has seen enormous generosity as donations have filled the entire building, and overflowed onto the street. The Governor has ordered Illinois Department of Transportation trucks to stand ready to assist in the transportation of donated food and clothing to O’Hare for flights to Manila.
Governor Quinn also thanked the many organizations across Illinois that are working to support relief efforts, including the Filipino American Network (FAN) of Chicago, Philippine American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Chicago, Filipino American Lawyers Association of Chicago and National Filipino American Lawyers Association. Across Illinois, there are more than 135,000 people of Filipino heritage.
To contribute to the Red Cross online, visit www.redcross.org/donate.###
Tags See All Tags