- Discount - ABest Video to AVI MPEG VCD DVD Converter
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Automotive 2012
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Discount - Photoshop CS4 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Divergent media ClipWrap 2 MAC
- Download GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Muse CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- 99.95$ Magix Samplitude 11 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007 (en)
- Download ACDSee Canvas 11 with GIS Module
|Gramma’s Kitchen Awarded “Best Breaded Pork Tenderloin” in Iowa|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Stacy Christofferson|
|Tuesday, 11 October 2011 13:55|
Iowa Pork Producers will present restaurant with award on Wed. 10/12 at 11:45AMGramma’s Kitchen selected the winner of IPPA’s Best Breaded Pork Tenderloin Contest for 2011.
Gramma’s Kitchen in Walcott has received this year’s honor from IPPA for its breaded pork tenderloin sandwich and will receive a check for $500 and a plaque. The eatery is located near the World’s Largest Truck Stop on Interstate 80 at the Walcott exit.
Gramma’s Kitchen has been in business since 1980 and serves about 150 tenderloin sandwiches per week. The loins are bought from Reinhart Foodservice and are tenderized and battered at the restaurant.
“We are absolutely excited about winning this award and it’s so great that we are receiving such accolades for all of our hard work that we have put in these last several years,” said Aaron Tuftee, one of the managers of Gramma’s Kitchen.
Country House in Colo placed second and will receive a plaque and $250 from IPPA. Legal Limit Pub & Grill in Boone, The Rusty Duck in Dexter, and Newton’s Paradise Café in Waterloo received honorable mention awards and each will receive a plaque.
Joe Golinghorst from Walcott nominated Gramma’s Kitchen and will receive $100.
A total of 327 nominations were submitted for this year’s contest and 34 received the required three or more nominations and became finalists. Judging by committee members was completed last month. The committee judges the pork tenderloin sandwiches on taste, physical characteristics and appearance.
All restaurants, cafes and taverns that serve breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches can be nominated for the award each year. Previous contest winners also are eligible, but are prohibited from winning two consecutive years.
Gramma’s Kitchen is open daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and is a member of the Heart of America group. You can find them on the web at www.heartofamericagroup.com. Gramma’s Kitchen also has a Facebook page.
Tags See All Tags