- Buy Lynda.com - Up and Running with Evernote for Windows (en)
- 249.95$ Autodesk Toxik 2008 cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Online Marketing Fundamentals (en)
- Discount - Pixologic ZBrush 4R6
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS5 One-on-One
- 79.95$ Adobe Illustrator CS4 MAC cheap oem
- Download iExpert Registry Clean Expert 4.58
- Buy OEM Roxio Toast 9 Titanium MAC
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy OEM Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business
- Buy MathWorks MatLab R2010b (en)
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning OS X Mountain Lion Server MAC
|Grassley, Feinstein Seek Testimony from Military on Synthetic Drug Use|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Sen Chuck Grassley|
|Thursday, 31 March 2011 07:08|
WASHINGTON – Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), leaders of the Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control, today asked the Defense Department to provide testimony at an upcoming hearing on synthetic drugs known as “K2” or “Spice,” among other names.
The drugs are marketed as harmless, when in fact they are dangerous, and the deceptive marketing and easy availability have made them attractive to young consumers, including members of the military. Recent reports indicate increased disciplinary action by the Defense Department among members of the armed forces due to synthetic drug use. The senators asked the Defense Department to provide written testimony for a hearing of the Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control on April 6, 2011, titled, “The Dangers of Synthetic Cannabinoids and Stimulants.”
Earlier this month, Grassley, Feinstein and fellow senators introduced legislation to ban the chemicals used to make K2. The legislation is called the Dangerous Synthetic Drug Control Act of 2011 and the David Mitchell Rozga Act, S. 605, named for the 18-year-old Iowan who took his own life soon after using K2 purchased from his local shopping mall. The father of David Rozga, Michael Rozga, will testify at the upcoming hearing.
Grassley is Co-chairman and Feinstein is Chairman of the Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control. Both senators serve on the Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over the K2 legislation. Grassley is ranking member of the committee.
The text of the Grassley-Feinstein letter to the Defense secretary is available here.
Tags See All Tags