- Buy Cheap SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit)
- Download ABest MOV Video Converter
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Photo Commander 6
- Discount - Digital Portrait Photography For Dummies
- Buy Cheap GFI EventsManager 8.1
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop Insider Training: Photo Restoration
- Buy E-gadgets Delete Duplicate Files (en)
- Buy Micromat TechTool Pro 6 MAC (64-bit) (en,fr)
- Buy OEM Best Software ACT! 2005
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
- Buy OEM Macpaw MacHider Mac
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Filters
- Download Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
|Grassley Offers Internships to Iowa College Students, New Graduates|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Sen. Charles Grassley|
|Thursday, 25 February 2010 15:46|
WASHINGTON (Feb 25, 2010) — Chuck Grassley today encouraged young Iowans interested in government to apply for summer internships in his Washington, D.C. and Iowa district offices. The two six-week summer sessions are from May 24 to July 2 and from July 6 to August 13.
"Internships offer both real-world work experience and a close-up view of how our federal legislative process works," Grassley said. “Interns play a vital role in the function of my office. I hope all interested college students or recent graduates apply.”
Applications for the summer sessions are due March 15. Colleges and universities often recognize internships for college credit.
Interns in Grassley's office assist permanent staff members in the administrative, legislative, and press departments as well as Grassley's Finance Committee staff. A few examples of intern responsibilities include assisting with scheduling, helping constituents with questions, giving Capitol tours and researching topics related to current Senate issues.
Grassley encourages students of all areas of study to consider the value of learning more about the federal government and, in particular, the process of representative government.
"Working in a Senate office can enhance a college education and make students more competitive job applicants when they graduate. Many of my current staff members are former interns," Grassley said.
Application forms for internships in Grassley's office may be attained by visiting http://grassley.senate.gov, click on Internships under the Info for Iowans tab. Forms are also available in the placement offices of Iowa colleges and universities, as well as in Grassley’s offices in Cedar Rapids, Council Bluffs, Davenport, Des Moines, Sioux City, and Waterloo.
Internships are also available in his Iowa offices. For more information on all internship opportunities please contact Cory Crowley, Grassley’s internship coordinator, at 202/224-3744.
Tags See All Tags