- Discount - Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Creating an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver cheap oem
- Download IMSI TurboCAD Pro V5 MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - Up and Running with Java Applications
- Download Adobe InCopy CS6 MAC
- Download Artlantis Studio 5 MAC
- Download Lynda.com - CSS Formatting Visual Data
- Download Autodesk MotionBuilder 2011
- Buy Navicat Premium 9 MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe Audition 2 (en)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Acrobat XI
- Buy Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe (en)
|Grassley Q & A: Internships|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Sen. Charles Grassley|
|Monday, 01 February 2010 15:46|
Q: What internship opportunities do you offer to Iowa students?
A: I strongly encourage and welcome college-age Iowans to intern in my Washington and Iowa offices. Internships are available during the spring and fall semesters and for two six-week summer sessions. Internships are an excellent educational opportunity where students get first-hand exposure to the legislative branch and learn about the process of representative government that’s at the heart of America’s democracy. Depending on the college, these internships may qualify for course credit. Internships also are an excellent way for young people to gain work experience in an area of interest. More than half of the current permanent staff members in my office were interns.
Q: What type of work do interns do?
A: Interns get put to work in my office. They’re assigned their own desks and responsibilities. Duties include assisting permanent staff members in the administrative, legislative and communications departments, as well as the staff I hire for the Finance and Judiciary committees in the Senate. Tasks include scheduling appointments, giving Capitol tours, answering phones, organizing press clippings, helping constituents with questions, drafting letters to government agencies, researching issues and policy proposals, and more.
Q: How do students apply for your internships?
A: Interested students should visit http://grassley.senate.gov, print out a form, and send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags See All Tags