- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- Buy NovoSoft Handy Backup 6.1 Pro (en)
- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard cheap oem
- 199.95$ Autodesk 3Ds Max 2008 cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Textures
- Discount - Solidworks 2012 Premium (32-bit)
- Buy Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (32 bit)
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Acrobat XI MAC (en)
- Buy Xilisoft 1click DV to DVD (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Maya 2009 Unlimited
- Download Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 MAC
- Download CodeGear RAD Studio 2010 Architect
|Grassley Q & A: Internships|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Sen. Charles Grassley|
|Monday, 01 February 2010 15:46|
Q: What internship opportunities do you offer to Iowa students?
A: I strongly encourage and welcome college-age Iowans to intern in my Washington and Iowa offices. Internships are available during the spring and fall semesters and for two six-week summer sessions. Internships are an excellent educational opportunity where students get first-hand exposure to the legislative branch and learn about the process of representative government that’s at the heart of America’s democracy. Depending on the college, these internships may qualify for course credit. Internships also are an excellent way for young people to gain work experience in an area of interest. More than half of the current permanent staff members in my office were interns.
Q: What type of work do interns do?
A: Interns get put to work in my office. They’re assigned their own desks and responsibilities. Duties include assisting permanent staff members in the administrative, legislative and communications departments, as well as the staff I hire for the Finance and Judiciary committees in the Senate. Tasks include scheduling appointments, giving Capitol tours, answering phones, organizing press clippings, helping constituents with questions, drafting letters to government agencies, researching issues and policy proposals, and more.
Q: How do students apply for your internships?
A: Interested students should visit http://grassley.senate.gov, print out a form, and send applications to email@example.com.
Tags See All Tags