- Buy Cheap Nikon Capture NX 2 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium MAC
- Buy OEM Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition
- Buy OEM EFD HD Tune Professional
- Download NewTek LightWave 3D 9
- Download Microsoft Visio Standard 2013
- Buy Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition (en,fr,de,ja)
- Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10
- Download Frischluft Fresh Curves for AE and PrPro
- Buy OEM Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6 MAC
- Buy OEM FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced MAC
- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium cheap oem
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming MAC cheap oem
|Grassley Requests Agriculture Disaster Declaration for 27 Additional Iowa Counties|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Friday, 16 September 2011 13:46|
WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley today asked U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to grant a request by Iowa Governor Terry Branstad for 27 additional counties be designated as disaster areas. The counties sustained substantial damage from several weather events over the summer, including a major hail and wind storm in July.
“Farmers across the state have faced about every kind of challenge that summer weather can bring. People along the Missouri River haven’t been able to assess the damage to their fields because they are still under water. And, farmers stretching from Fremont County to Linn County have dealt with hail, wind, and drought damage,” Grassley said. “I’ve seen this damage firsthand as I’ve traveled Iowa during the month of August. I hope Secretary Vilsack acts on Iowa’s request as soon as possible.”
If granted, farmers in the counties of Adams, Clarke, Davis, Decatur, Fremont, Henry, Jefferson, Jones, Keokuk, Lee, Linn, Louisa, Lucas, Marshall, Mills, Monona, Monroe, Montgomery, Page, Polk, Tama, Taylor, Van Buren, Wapello, Washington, Wayne and Woodbury, and in the counties adjacent to each of those counties, would be eligible for FSA emergency loans, the Livestock Indemnity Program, and the Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments (SURE) Program.
September 13, 2011
The Honorable Thomas Vilsack
U.S. Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250
Dear Secretary Vilsack:
I respectfully ask that you grant the request made by Iowa Governor Terry Branstad for a disaster designation for 27 counties in the State of Iowa as a result of severe weather including hail, drought conditions, and strong winds that were supposedly measured in some areas at over 100 miles per hour. Not only did the strong winds damage crops, but it also caused significant damage to buildings and equipment. The 27 Iowa counties which have been severely impacted by these weather events are Adams, Clarke, Davis, Decatur, Fremont, Henry, Jefferson, Jones, Keokuk, Lee, Linn, Louisa, Lucas, Marshall, Mills, Monona, Montgomery, Page, Polk, Tama, Taylor, Van Buren, Wapello, Washington, Wayne, and Woodbury.
Thank you for your prompt consideration of this request.
Charles E. Grassley
United States Senator
Tags See All Tags