- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Inventor 2013 MAC cheap oem
- 49.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 cheap oem
- Download Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition
- Buy OEM Microsoft Project 2010: The Missing Manual
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- 169.95$ Autodesk Combustion 4 cheap oem
- Download Dreamweaver CS5: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM ActiveState Komodo IDE 5
- Buy ElcomSoft Advanced Disk Catalog 1.51 (en)
- Discount - ABest MOV Video Converter
- Download Adobe After Effects CS5 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 SP2 (32 bit)
|Grassley Urges Washington to Stay Focused on Getting People Back to Work|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Monday, 30 January 2012 15:29|
During his weekly video address, Senator Chuck Grassley discusses the need for job-generating tax policy, spending reductions, regulatory relief, trade agreements, and energy development, as well as respect for the checks and balances that have helped to define America’s system of government for 235 years.
Click here for audio.
Here is the text of the address:
I held meeting with Iowans in 36 counties this month. People at the grass roots are looking for leadership. 13 million unemployed workers need to know that Washington can take action to help get people back to work and move the country in the right direction.
Workers, employers and entrepreneurs need an environment where the economy can improve and jobs can be created.
Taxes, especially tax certainty, are a major factor. One of the biggest tax increases in history will happen at the end of this year if Congress and the President don’t stop it. Small businesses, where most new jobs are created, would be hit hard
Government spending needs to be reduced. The problem isn’t that taxes are too low, it’s that Washington spends too much. Massive federal debt gets in the way of economic growth. So does the heavy hand of government regulation, and it must be lifted.
American workers also need new export markets for the goods and services they manufacture. They need an energetic and enthusiastic effort to establish new international trade relationships for the United States.
The economy benefits from affordable energy, so domestic production has got to be a priority and a reality. Even so, President Obama is denying the Keystone XL pipeline project. This infrastructure project would create as many as 20,000 jobs. The President’s position works against creating jobs and getting people back to work.
Since 2009, President Obama’s big spending stimulus and government intervention has failed in terms of job creation, economic growth and fiscal responsibility. We need a new direction.
On top of that, President Obama seems determined to test and even exceed the powers of his office. America has a system of checks and balances that’s generally worked for more than two centuries. The President’s interest in putting the executive branch above the other branches of government is unconstitutional and counter-productive. It’s something Americans rejected 235 years ago.
Today, finding common ground with the elected representatives of Congress would be more productive than trying to govern by edict from the Oval Office.
Tags See All Tags