Following is Senator Grassley’s schedule this week in Washington, D.C. The Senate is in session.
- Grassley will meet in Washington with Iowans from the American Trucking Association, the Appraisal Institute, Boys Nation/Girls Nation, the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, the Iowa FFA, the Iowa Turkey Federation, Land O’Lakes, Missouri River Emergency Services, the Presidential Academy for the Teaching of American History and Civics, and the Professional Landcare Network.
Grassley will also meet with Iowans from Ankeny, Des Moines, Dike, Grimes, Grinnell, Indianola, Lawton, Marion, Mason City, North Liberty, Polk City, Robins, Van Meter, and West Des Moines.
Grassley will meet with a young Iowan from Gladbrook who is interning for the State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service. Grassley will also meet with Luther College students.
- On Tuesday, July 26, at 9:00 a.m. (CT), Grassley will attend a Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration hearing entitled “The Economic Imperative for Enacting Immigration Reform.” Grassley will discuss the impact that fraud and abuse in the H-1B and L-1 visa programs have on Americans seeking employment.
- On Wednesday, July 27, at 9:00 a.m. (CT), Grassley will attend a Judiciary Committee hearing entitled, “Fulfilling our Treaty Obligations and Protecting Americans Abroad.”
- On Wednesday, July 27, at 9:00 a.m. (CT), there is a Finance Committee hearing entitled, “CEO Perspectives on How the Tax Code Affects Hiring, Businesses and Economic Growth.”
- On Thursday, July 28, at 9:00 a.m. (CT), Grassley will attend a Judiciary Committee executive business meeting. Grassley’s legislation to ban the chemicals used to make K2, permanently and nationwide, is expected to be considered. The legislation is called the David Mitchell Rozga Act, named after a young Iowan who lost his life last summer after using K2 purchased at a shopping mall in Des Moines.
- On Thursday, July 28, at 9:00 a.m. (CT), there is a Finance Committee hearing on the nominations of: Janice Eberly, of Washington, DC, to be Assistant Secretary of Treasury; and Juan F. Vasquez, of Texas, to be Judge of the United States Tax Court for a term of fifteen years.
- On Thursday, July 28, at 1:15 p.m. (CT), Grassley will meet with Gen. McMahon of the Army Corps of Engineers Northwestern Division to continue discussing the Missouri River floods and ways to improve the Missouri River Master Manual.