- Download Xilisoft CD Ripper
- 59.95$ Intuit Quicken Home & Business 2011 cheap oem
- Discount - Mariner StoryMill 3 MAC
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
- 69.95$ Adobe Contribute CS5 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop Insider Training: Photo Restoration cheap oem
- Download Alien Skin Bokeh 2
- Buy Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 (en,es,de,fr,ja)
- Buy OEM MacPhun Intensify
- Discount - ABest Video to iPhone 3GP SWF Converter
- Download Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS
- Download Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC
- Buy Cheap Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery v4 MAC
|Grassley Works to Hold Employers Accountable for Hiring Illegal Workers|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Wednesday, 15 June 2011 14:05|
WASHINGTON – Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley today is introducing legislation to make permanent the E-Verify program, a web-based tool that allows employers to verify the work eligibility of new employees. The bill would also require that all employers use the E-Verify program within one year of enactment of the legislation. Grassley’s legislation also makes several needed improvements to the program.
“E-Verify has already proven effective in combating the hiring of illegal aliens. It’s a simple tool for employers who want to comply with the law in a digital age when sophisticated, fraudulent documents are just the stroke of a computer key away,” Grassley said. “This legislation allows us to hold employers accountable while giving them the tools needed to abide by the law in their hiring practices.”
The E-verify program, formerly the basic pilot program, was first authorized in 1996 and only five states were allowed to participate. The program was reauthorized in 2001, expanded in 2003 by Grassley, and reauthorized again in 2008. E-verify is currently used by 269,913 employers. Since the system was created, improvements have been made to significantly decrease error rates including an appeal process, a self check option for people to make sure their information is correct, and a photo-tool capability to improve the ability of employers to determine if the employee and the photo match.
Here are the provisions of the legislation.
Tags See All Tags