- Buy OEM Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
- Buy Adobe RoboHelp 8 (en)
- Discount - Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 5.1
- Download Autodesk Mudbox 2009
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition
- Discount - Intuit TurboTax Premier 2009
- Buy OEM Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC
- Buy Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (32-bit) (en)
- 29.95$ SmithMicro Stuffit Deluxe 15 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Silver Efex Pro MAC
- 19.95$ ZoneAlarm Pro 8 cheap oem
|Grassley Works to Hold Employers Accountable for Hiring Illegal Workers|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Wednesday, 15 June 2011 14:05|
WASHINGTON – Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley today is introducing legislation to make permanent the E-Verify program, a web-based tool that allows employers to verify the work eligibility of new employees. The bill would also require that all employers use the E-Verify program within one year of enactment of the legislation. Grassley’s legislation also makes several needed improvements to the program.
“E-Verify has already proven effective in combating the hiring of illegal aliens. It’s a simple tool for employers who want to comply with the law in a digital age when sophisticated, fraudulent documents are just the stroke of a computer key away,” Grassley said. “This legislation allows us to hold employers accountable while giving them the tools needed to abide by the law in their hiring practices.”
The E-verify program, formerly the basic pilot program, was first authorized in 1996 and only five states were allowed to participate. The program was reauthorized in 2001, expanded in 2003 by Grassley, and reauthorized again in 2008. E-verify is currently used by 269,913 employers. Since the system was created, improvements have been made to significantly decrease error rates including an appeal process, a self check option for people to make sure their information is correct, and a photo-tool capability to improve the ability of employers to determine if the employee and the photo match.
Here are the provisions of the legislation.
Tags See All Tags