- Buy Cheap MakeMusic Finale 2012 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard MAC
- Buy Cheap ElcomSoft Advanced Access Password Recovery 2.5
- 199.95$ Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Premium cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Cheap Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC MAC
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set) MAC
- Download I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro MAC
|Great River Outreach Teams Up With TLP’s JOSEPH to Help Kids|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by James Beaudry|
|Wednesday, 28 May 2014 08:22|
MOUNT CARROLL, IL -- Timber Lake Playhouse and Great River Outreach are teaming up during the playhouse’s production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat June 5-15 to host drive for coats, hats, gloves and galoshes to benefit kids and parents in region who have a little less. The partnership is the first in a summer long effort to celebrate volunteer and non-profit organizations in the region whose missions “live the story” of each theatre production at the playhouse.
Great River Outreach provides a wide range of services to individuals and families in need including emergency housing, clothing, warm meals, emergency food, counseling services and career opportunities. They have served over 46,000 free meals in Savanna and Mount Carroll. Through a partnership with Head Start, Great River Outreach will distribute all coats and accessories donated at TLP to kids and parents in need around the region. Remaining coats will be donated to Neat Repeats, a Savanna resale shop that funds outreach services, and provides free clothing and furniture to families in crisis.
TLP’s 53rd Season opens with Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (June 5-15). Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s musical for the whole family has become a massive international hit everywhere it plays. It tells the biblical story of Joseph’s coat of many colors with song and dance that’s fun for all ages. Executive Director James Beaudry directs and choreographs the production.
“Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat takes a simple story and tells it in a huge, spectacular way. Really great storytelling has the power to make us think, feel, and live better. Great River Outreach is an organization that lives a great story. We are proud to help support their mission, and at the same time, give our audiences an opportunity to make our corner of the world a little brighter,” said Beaudry.
“The idea came to us last year, after our Do Something Spectacular campaign--which provided creative opportunities for our audiences--was such a success. We decided to raise the bar and turn those activities into a greater good. We have additional projects coming up throughout the summer with other organizations, including Happy Tails from Rock Falls and the Mount Carroll Rotary.”
Great River Outreach is specifically seeking gently worn coats, hats, gloves and galoshes in sizes 2T through adult small. Anyone donating at a performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat will receive free popcorn at the show. Timber Lake Playhouse popcorn is courtesy of Tee Lee Popcorn in Shannon, Illinois. Donations may also be made during regular box office hours.
Tags See All Tags