- Download Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Director 11.5 MAC
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC
- 9.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Classroom in a Book cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Wedding Photography for Everyone: Bridal Portraits (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 01 Interface and Drawing Mangement
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
- 24.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 Essential Training
- Buy OEM Chief Architect Premier X5
- Buy Word 2007 For Dummies (en)
- 69.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (32bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture
|Great River Road National Scenic Byway Celebrates 75th Anniversary|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Kate Hagen|
|Monday, 06 May 2013 14:01|
Mississippi River states to host celebrations throughout 2013
MADISON, Wis. [May 6, 2013] – The Mississippi River Parkway Commission is excited to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Great River Road National Scenic Byway.
In 1938, the governors of the 10 river states developed the concept of a transcontinental Great River Parkway along the Mississippi River. Choosing to conserve precious resources, among them land, time and dollars, they decided rather than building a new continuous road, the existing network of rural roads and then-fledgling highways that meandered and crisscrossed the river would become the Great River Road. The green Pilot’s Wheel road sign that marked the route of the new byway more than seven decades ago still heralds the road today.
As one of the oldest, longest and most unique scenic byways in North America, the Great River Road offers respite to millions of travelers seeking a getaway – from a leisurely day’s drive to an extended vacation. Nearly 3,000 miles long and running through 10 states along the Mississippi River, the Great River Road has offered a gateway to the river valley’s great history, the blending of cultures and a host of recreational options to all who journey it for three-quarters of a century and counting.
Plan a day’s drive or a month-long excursion along the Great River Road National Scenic Byway with the help of experiencemississippiriver.com. Here you’ll find information on all the states’ interpretive centers, upcoming events and must-see attractions, along with suggested itineraries and maps to help plan a trip that’s just right for you.
Tags See All Tags