- Discount - Symantec Norton Ghost™ 12.0
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - iOS SDK Essential Training
- Download Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Formatting Visual Data
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 New Features (en)
- 29.95$ Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to RM RMVB SWF FLV Converter
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Corel WordPerfect Office X5 Standard
- Buy Adobe Fireworks CS4 MAC (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy Cheap Navicat Premium 9
- Discount - Agile Bits 1Password 4 MAC
- Buy Adobe Authorware 7 (en)
|Hardacre Theater preservation group achieves nonprofit designation|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Hardacre Film Festival|
|Wednesday, 30 October 2013 11:59|
Donors can now claim tax deductions to help save historic theater
TIPTON, Iowa—The Hardacre Theater Preservation Association (HTPA) announced today it has achieved its long-awaited goal of attaining 501(c)(3) status from the IRS, making the group an official nonprofit organization and opening doors for the organization and its donors.
With nonprofit designation, the HTPA can now offer tax deductions to donors who want to help save the theater and pursue grants and funding opportunities only available to 501(c)(3) organizations.
“We are thrilled to attain this status, as it will open so many doors for not only the Hardacre Theater Preservation Association but for its donors,” said Greg Brown, HTPA president. “Many grants are available only to nonprofit organizations. Attaining this status will help us realize the community’s vision for the Hardacre Theater.”
The Hardacre Theater is a nearly 100-year-old opera house and movie theater that, until August 2013, was in continuous operation since it opened in 1916. The theater is home to Iowa’s longest-running film festival—the Hardacre Film Festival—which celebrated its 16th year in August 2013. The movie industry’s rapid evolution from 35mm film to digital projection has left many single-screen, privately owned theaters scrambling to upgrade to digital or close their businesses.
The HTPA’s goal is to purchase and upgrade the Hardacre Theater, creating a multi-use venue for both recorded and live entertainment. The first fundraising phase will be to purchase the theater building, then renovate and upgrade its technology to create a state-of-the-art entertainment and cultural facility.
The group is formulating a fundraising and grant-attainment plan. Anyone interested in donating, pledging a donation, and following the Hardacre Theater’s journey to renovation can visit the HTPA’s website at thehardacre.org.
-- END --
Tags See All Tags