- Download Lynda.com - Audition CS6 Essential Training
- Download Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6
- Buy Corel Paint it (en)
- Download BeLight Software Art Text 2 MAC
- Download Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2011
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit)
- Discount - Paragon NTFS 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Homepage Marquee with jQuery
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac Box Set
- Download Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Home And Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- 199.95$ Adobe Acrobat XI Pro MAC cheap oem
|Harkin: $1 Million Coming to Iowa to Improve Workforce Development Data|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Sen. Tom Harkin|
|Tuesday, 09 November 2010 10:58|
WASHINGTON, D.C. – November 8, 2010 - Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) today announced that $1,000,000 is coming to Iowa through the through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI). The funding, which was provided for in the FY 2010 Budget, will be used to improve the quality and availability of Iowa’s workforce data. Senator Harkin is a senior member of the Senate Appropriations committee, and chairs the Senate panel that funds labor initiatives.
“Part of the reason Iowa fared better than other states during this recession is our commitment to investing in our workforce,” said Harkin. “Today’s funding will help us develop the data we need to make good decisions about our workforce programs so that we can minimize the impact of economic bumps down the road.”
Today’s funding will be used to expand Iowa’s longitudinal database of workforce data, which links to education data. The database will be used to facilitate research projects aimed at pinpointing the effectiveness of workforce programs to better inform workforce system customers. The project is a sister initiative to the Department of Education’s Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems project to build longitudinal education databases.
Over the three year grant period, this funding will help Iowa improve state workforce longitudinal data systems with individual-level information; improve the quality and breadth of workforce data systems; use longitudinal data to provide useful information about program operations; analyze the performance of education and training programs and provide user-friendly information to customers to help them select the training and education programs that best suit their needs.
For more information on Iowa’s Workforce Development initiatives, please click here.
Tags See All Tags