- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection MAC (en,ja,de,fr,es,it,pt,nl,sv,cs,pl,tr)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand
- Buy Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014 (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,pl,pt,ru)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium
- Buy Apple Final Cut Pro X MAC (en)
- Discount - ARTS PDF Aerialist
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Access 2010 - Forms and Reports in Depth
- Buy PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- 149.95$ Adobe Pagemaker 7 cheap oem
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Apple Compressor 4 MAC
- 99.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard MAC cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Streets & Trips 2011 (en)
- Buy Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (en,fr,pt,ja,ko,cs,da,nl,fi,de,hu,it,nb,pl,ro,ru,es,sv,uk,tr)
|Harkin Announces More Than $1.4 Million to Support AmeriCorps Service Programs Across Iowa|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Sen. Tom Harkin|
|Saturday, 28 May 2011 13:04|
May 25, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) today announced that a total of $1,406,728 has been awarded to six AmeriCorps programs across Iowa. This competitive funding comes from the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). Harkin has been a longtime supporter of AmeriCorps and is the Chairman of the panel that funds these initiatives.
“Getting people involved in service to improve their community and enhance the lives of those around them, all while growing themselves, is important for any society and is what is at the heart of AmeriCorps programs,” said Harkin. “From teaching and mentoring children to building houses for the poor to restoring wildlife habitats, today’s funding will improve the lives of countless Iowans and help us build an even greater state.”
Details of the grants follow:
Iowa Dept. of Natural Resources - $506,727 – to provide wildlife habitat restoration and trail improvement to reduce water quality decline in the Environmental Stewardship priority area. The program will serve all residents, particularly in rural communities, throughout the state of Iowa.
Habitat for Humanity of Iowa, Inc. - $274,576 – to recruit and support volunteers to build low income housing units to eliminate substandard, unaffordable housing in the state of Iowa. The program will serve low-income families in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Quad Cities, Des Moines, K Knoxville, Mason City, Marshalltown, Council Bluffs, Sioux City, Webster/Humboldt, and Greene/Boone counties of Iowa.
Graceland University - $145,612 – to provide positive youth development services such as mentoring, recreational activities and after school assistance in the areas of Education and Healthy Futures. The program will serve youth in the six-county region (Clarke, Decatur, Lucas, Ringgold, Union and Wayne) of South Central Iowa.
Boys & Girls Club of Central Iowa Inc. - $216,468 – to provide after school homework help, healthy choices programming and case management support in the Education priority area to increase positive attendance patterns in schools. The program will serve students (ages 5 – 18) in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, Council Bluffs, Carter Lake, Sioux City, Adair, and Davenport, Iowa.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Mississippi Valley - $130,000 – to recruit and support volunteers to mentor disadvantaged youth at risk to leave school without a diploma. The mentoring will resulting in improved academic achievement among these youth. The program will serve students in 58 counties in Eastern Iowa.
United Way of East Central Iowa - $133,345 – to provide early literacy activities and tutoring during out-of-school time to children, and provide outreach services for families of children with disabilities. Members will serve in Eastern Iowa.
Tags See All Tags