- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Adobe After Effects CS5.5 MAC (en,de,es,it,fr,ja)
- 29.95$ AAA Logo 2010 Business Edition 3 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Buy OEM 1Click DVD To iPod 2
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 MAC
- Buy Photoshop For Right-Brainers (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Web Design Fundamentals
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - jQuery Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap VMware Fusion 4 MAC
- Download Autodesk Maya 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - 3DS Max 2013 Essential Training
|Harkin Announces more than $88 Million for Iowa in Water Resources Agreement|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Richard Martin|
|Monday, 19 May 2014 10:04|
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) today announced that the House and Senate conference committee on the Water Resources Reform and Development Act (WRDA) authorizes $88,120,300 for Iowa projects. The conference committee has reached agreement on a bill that will now go back to both chambers, where it is expected to pass this week.
WRDA plays a critical role in authorizing water-related projects across the country. For Iowa, the conference report includes federal support for two major flood control projects—for the Cedar River in Cedar Rapids, and along the Des Moines and Raccoon Rivers in Des Moines. The bill establishes a five-year pilot program to allow the Corps of Engineers and the Environmental Protection Agency to provide direct loans or loan guarantees to support creative financing tools for investment in water infrastructure. The bill also calls for accelerated project delivery by requiring concurrent federal agency project reviews and completion of feasibility studies within three years.
“This WRDA conference report includes much-needed flood protection assistance for Iowa—assistance I am proud to have secured to both protect residents and our infrastructure,” said Harkin. “The flood recovery and protection is especially crucial in Iowa today as we experience more frequent and severe flooding from heavy precipitation events. I now look forward to this conference report passing both chambers of Congress so that Cedar Rapids and Des Moines will have the resources they need to keep residences and businesses safe from future flooding.”
Details of the funding for Iowa include:
Cedar River, Cedar Rapids—the conference report authorizes $73,130,000 for a project to construct a floodwall and levee system to reduce the existing and future flood risk and damages to public and private infrastructure on the east bank of the City of Cedar Rapids.
Des Moines River and Raccoon River Project—the conference report authorizes $14,990,300 for a cost increase for a flood control project on the Des Moines and Raccoon Rivers to allow the project to proceed.
Des Moines Recreational River and Greenbelt, Iowa Project Modifications— the conference report makes a technical change to the boundaries of an ecosystem restoration and recreation project in Fort Dodge.###
Tags See All Tags