- Download Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum 5
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2
- 149.95$ Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Many Tricks Usher MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- 149.95$ Adobe Illustrator CS6 cheap oem
- 199.95$ Autodesk Smoke 2011 MAC cheap oem
- 9.95$ Excel 2010 Just the Steps For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy OEM ABest Video to AppleTV 3GP SWF Converter
- Buy Autodesk MotionBuilder 2011 (en)
|Harkin Announces Nearly $950,000 for Research at the University of Iowa|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Sen. Tom Harkin|
|Monday, 07 February 2011 09:28|
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) today announced that the University of Iowa has been awarded two separate grants totaling $949,079 to perform medical research. The funding was awarded by the National Institutes of Health. Senator Harkin is Chairman of both the Senate Health Committee and the Appropriations subcommittee that funds health and medical research programs.
“Today’s funding will help the University of Iowa stay at the forefront of critical medical research,” said Harkin. “These projects will accelerate research in their respective areas, and help improve our understanding of the afflictions so many Americans face. Congratulations to the University on receiving this funding.”
Information on the grants follows.
$374,100 for allergy, immunology and transplantation research. Specifically, the funding will be used to study ECF Sigma Factors and the Cell Envelope Stress Response of Clostridium difficile. The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases is the awarding agency.
$574,979 for mental health research. Specifically, the funding will be used to study Combined Illness Management and Psychotherapy in Treating Depressed Elders. The National Institute of Mental Health is the awarding agency.
Tags See All Tags