- Discount - CrossOver 13.0 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2009
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
- 139.95$ Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (32 bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 15: Creating a Sports Opening Title
- Discount - Ashampoo Cover Studio
- Download Photoshop CC: The Missing Manual
- Discount - ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CC Student And Teacher Edition MAC (Full LifeTime license)
- Discount - Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended
- 39.95$ Alien Skin Bokeh 2 MAC cheap oem
|Harkin, HELP Committee to Discuss Middle Class in Quad Cities|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Sen. Tom Harkin|
|Tuesday, 24 January 2012 10:01|
Congressman Loebsack, area residents, others to testify
WASHINGTON, D.C.—On Friday, January 27, Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, will convene a field hearing of the Committee to discuss ways to rebuild the middle class. Congressman Dave Loebsack will join Harkin as part of the hearing.
“For decades, the middle class has been falling behind,” said Harkin. “Wages have not kept up with costs, and families’ savings accounts have dried up along with home values and good jobs. Iowans are justifiably worried about the future.
“It does not have to be this way. It is time to rise to these challenges and face them head-on, as a nation, by remembering what made our country great. Creating good jobs, investing in education, rebuilding our infrastructure, and preparing our workforce for the 21st Century will help to ensure that the middle class has a bright future ahead, in Iowa and around the country.”
Harkin has held a series of hearings in Washington over the past year examining the causes behind the decline of America’s middle class. Last year, Harkin staff members visited all 99 counties to gather insight into the challenges facing middle class families. This field hearing will focus on what is working in the Quad Cities to rebuild the backbone of America’s economy.
HEARING: "Rebuilding the Middle Class: What Washington can learn from Iowa"
DATE: Friday, January 27, 2012
12:15 PM: Tour: Prior to the hearing, Harkin and Loebsack will tour the welding room at the Blong Center, which houses a partnership between John Deere, the local schools, and workers.
1:15 PM: Hearing begins
PLACE: John T. Blong Tech Center, 8500 Hillandale Road, Davenport
Tags See All Tags