- Download Adobe Audition CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium
- Buy Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (64 bit) (en)
- Buy Telestream ScreenFlow 2 MAC (en)
- 219.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Xilisoft CD Ripper
- Download ElcomSoft Advanced Windows Password Recovery 3.51
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC
- Buy Cheap 4Media DVD to MP4 Converter 5
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features cheap oem
- Discount - Frischluft Effects Pack
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Virtual Instruments in Logic Pro cheap oem
|Harkin Solicits Interest in U.S. Military Academies|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Sen. Tom Harkin|
|Monday, 01 March 2010 16:22|
WASHINGTON, D.C. - March 1, 2010 - Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) announced today that he is accepting applications for nomination to the United States' military academies for the class entering in the summer of 2011. Senator Harkin will nominate up to ten Iowans for every opening he has at each academy, with final selection for admission made by the individual academy from that group of ten.
"Each year I look forward to recommending outstanding young Iowans to the service academies. It is a genuine honor," Harkin said.
Our nation's military academies offer Iowans educational opportunities for young people interested in military service. Students can specialize in a variety of fields at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs and the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point.
Harkin enjoyed a successful military career. He joined the Navy and served as a jet pilot after graduating from Iowa State University in 1962.
Most of the state's high school guidance counselors should have information about the application procedures prospective candidates must follow. Senator Harkin uses a competitive method to screen applicants, including the evaluation of ACT or SAT scores, high school grade point average, leadership abilities and physical aptitude. Harkin has also appointed an academy selection committee that conducts personal interviews with academy finalists.
Interested individuals should complete Senator Harkin’s Service Academy Nomination application, which can be found on his website Harkin.Senate.Gov. Any additional questions should be directed to his Academy Nomination Coordinator Tom Larkin at 319-365-4504.
Tags See All Tags