- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- 149.95$ Adobe Illustrator CS6 cheap oem
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012 MAC cheap oem
- 199.95$ Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Premium MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Dreamweaver CC For Dummies
- Discount - Photoshop For Right-Brainers
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training cheap oem
- 249.95$ Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap DeskShare VideoEditMagic 4.3
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Type Essentials (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Creating and Managing Blog Network with WordPress cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit) cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
|Harkin Supports Governor’s Request for Individual Assistance; Urges President to Approve|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Harkin Press Office|
|Friday, 22 July 2011 22:29|
WASHINGTON, D.C.—In a letter to President Obama today, Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) supported Governor Branstad’s request for individual assistance in Fremont, Harrison, Monona, Pottawattamie and Woodbury Counties due to rising floodwaters and asked that the President approve the declaration. Earlier this month, Harkin urged Secretary Vilsack’s declaration for crop assistance.
“The cost of the flood fighting effort is evident from cities such as Sioux City to communities downriver as far as the town of Hamburg,” wrote Harkin. “Every community, business and family on the river, and in some instances miles inland from the river, has been impacted. I therefore urge you to assist the State of Iowa and the affected counties in every way possible so they may quickly recover from this disaster.”
The full text of Harkin’s letter follows.
July 20, 2011
The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20500
Dear Mr. President:
I write today to urge expeditious approval of Governor Terry Branstad’s request that Woodbury, Monona, Harrison, Pottawattamie and Fremont Counties receive a federal declaration of a Major Disaster for Individual Assistance. This declaration will allow federal aid to immediately assist my constituents along the Missouri River.
The individuals in the areas mentioned above have taken extraordinary steps in order to fight oncoming flood waters from the Missouri River, and have spent private dollars in order to mitigate the effects of this flood. For that reason, Governor Terry Branstad issued a State Disaster Proclamation for these counties on June 2, 2011. The cost of the flood fighting effort is evident from cities such as Sioux City to communities downriver as far as the town of Hamburg. Every community, business and family on the river, and in some instances miles inland from the river, has been impacted.
As Governor Branstad’s disaster declaration request indicates, significant manpower and equipment available at the state, county, and local level have been dedicated to responding to the Missouri River flood. The preliminary damage assessment completed by local and state emergency management staff in cooperation with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and Small Business Administration officials have confirmed severe cost to my constituents in western Iowa.
I therefore urge you to assist the State of Iowa and the affected counties in every way possible so they may quickly recover from this disaster. Thank you for your prompt attention to this important matter.
Tags See All Tags