- Buy Cheap Cocoatech Path Finder 6 MAC
- Buy QuarkXpress 7.3 MAC (en)
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Elements 12
- Buy Adobe Authorware 7 (en)
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Hindi (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- Buy Steinberg WaveLab 6 (en)
- Download Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (64-bit)
- Download Solidworks 2012 Premium (32-bit)
- Download ACDSee Pro 4
- Discount - Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
- Buy OEM Smith Micro Spring Cleaning 11 Deluxe MAC
- Buy Cheap ElcomSoft Advanced Office Password Recovery 4.0 Professional
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Blender 2.6 Essential Training
- Discount - Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014 (64-bit)
|Harkin Welcomes Largest Job Growth in Four Years; Says Government Action is Spurring Growth|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Sen. Tom Harkin|
|Monday, 10 May 2010 13:37|
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) today issued the following statement on news that the economy had added 290,000 jobs in April, the largest job growth in four years. Harkin is Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee and the Labor Appropriations Subcommittee.
“Today’s employment report is welcome news across all sectors of our economy – not only is our economy adding jobs in manufacturing, construction and health care, but Americans are starting to feel more confident in this economic growth. In recent months we saw real signs of improvement, but with this best month of progress, Americans should start to feel that we are on more solid economic ground.
“This growth is due largely to actions taken by the Federal government. The Recovery Act continues to send much-needed dollars to states, without which we would have seen an even deeper recession. Unfortunately, there are still dangers ahead for those still looking for work, so additional efforts to move the country forward are needed.
“In particular, Congress must pass an extension of unemployment insurance through the end of the year so that families can access this critical safety net. Unfortunately, Republicans have exploited every opportunity to delay and obstruct this important legislation. In addition, we must take immediate action to prevent job losses among our nation’s educators – to protect the quality of education – and we need to pass additional job-creating legislation to assure that the economy is on solid footing. I intend to continue to advocate for those efforts in this Congress."
Tags See All Tags