- 29.95$ Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery v3 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Ultra
- Buy Adobe After Effects CS6 MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pl,pt,sv,tr,cs,ja,ko)
- Discount - Intuit TurboTax Premier 2008
- Buy Adobe Audition CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,kr,zh)
- 9.95$ ABest WMV Video Converter cheap oem
- 49.95$ Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 MAC cheap oem
- Download Abbyy FineReader 9.0 Professional
- Buy Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Professional MAC (en)
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning OS X Mountain Lion Server MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe CC Master Collection (Full LifeTime License) (en)
- Buy Sony ACID Music Studio 8 (en,es,fr,ja)
|Her Wish to Visit Comic Con International Comes True|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Amy Lane|
|Tuesday, 15 October 2013 12:36|
Make-A-Wish® Illinois grants wish to teen girl with life-threatening illness
PEORIA – Kelly Suarez’s wish to visit Comic Con resulted in an experience of a life-time that included unique costumes, brushes with celebrities and a trip to San Diego over the summer.
Kelly, age 14 of Sterling, is a shy and soft-spoken teenager that loves to read graphic novels and watch her favorite television shows. In early 2010, Kelly was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, a form of cancer.
After being referred to Make-A-Wish during her treatment, Kelly wished to go to Comic-Con International in San Diego to meet her favorite characters. Comic-Con International: San Diego is a convention that celebrates the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture. Kelly traveled nearly 2,000 miles from home with her mother and sister. Amy Suarez, Kelly’s mom, described Kelly’s Wish as “awesome and crazy.” Kelly met members of the cast of the hit television show How I Met Your Mother, the creator of The Walking Dead and caught a great photo opportunity with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Wish granting volunteer, Mary Beth Eggers, helped Kelly and her little sister prepare for the trip. Eggers enlisted the help of local seamstress Julie Doty to make the girls custom costumes for the day. Both girls had a hand in the design process from colors to props. Kelly dressed as Link from The Legend of Zelda and her sister dressed as Carl from The Walking Dead. Eggers also took Amy and her sister to a book store to pick out a few books on their favorite characters as well. “She went above and beyond anything that we could have ever expected,” Amy said of Mary Beth.
While on the wish, Kelly and her family met several other wish families at the event and have remained in contact with a wish family from Texas. Currently cancer free, Kelly will have the memories of Comic Con to look back on as she ventures to the next chapter of her life.
About Make-A-Wish® IllinoisMake-A-Wish Illinois grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich their lives with hope, strength and joy. Since being founded locally in 1985, the chapter has granted more than 11,000 wishes and continues its mission to share the power of a wish® with special children across the state. For more information or to find out how you can help, call 309.530.0080 or visit www.illinois.wish.org
Tags See All Tags