- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat X Pro MAC
- Buy OEM Cultured Code Things MAC
- Download How to Do Everything Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 3 MAC
- Buy OEM MAMP Pro 3 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard
- Download Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- 239.95$ Autodesk Autocad Architecture 2009 cheap oem
- Discount - Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 10
- Buy Cheap Aquafadas Pulp Motion Advanced 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - jQuery Essential Training
- Buy Autodesk Lustre 2009 (en)
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64 bit) cheap oem
|Herbert Hoover National Historic Site Recruits Volunteers for National Public Lands Day, Sept. 28|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Friday, 30 August 2013 12:49|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— On Saturday, September 28, volunteers around the nation will visit their favorite parks, beaches, wildlife preserves, or forests and chip in to help improve these treasured places – and to celebrate the 20th annual National Public Lands Day, the largest, single-day volunteer event for public lands in our country.
Volunteers are needed at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site in West Branch, Iowa to help plant trees, spread gravel and mulch on the landscape, and wash down picket fences. Volunteers who participate will be rewarded with a coupon for free entry into their favorite federal public land areas that have entrance fees.
If you would like to help, contact Adam Prato at (319) 643-2541. Meet at the Visitor Center at 8:30 a.m. for an orientation and to get signed up. Work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable work clothes. Water, sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses, and hats are recommended. Long pants and closed-toe footwear are required.
The National Environmental Education Foundation coordinates National Public Lands Day. For more information about National Public Lands Day, visit publiclandsday.org.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum are in West Branch, Iowa at exit 254 off I-80. Both are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. For more information go online at www.nps.gov/heho or call (319) 643-2541.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
110 Parkside Drive
PO Box 607
West Branch, Iowa 52358
319 643-2541 phone
319 643-7864 fax
Tags See All Tags