- Download ABest Video to WMV SWF FLV Converter
- Buy Adobe InCopy CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,nb,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,cs,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- Discount - Lynda.com - HTML5 First Look
- Buy OEM Fidelity Media MegaSeg Pro 5 MAC
- Download Microsoft Office Home & Business 2013
- Discount - Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 SP3
- Discount - Telestream ScreenFlow 2 MAC
- Discount - Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CS4
- Buy Cheap Xilisoft CD Ripper
- Buy Adobe After Effects CS6 Classroom in a Book (en)
- Buy OEM Word 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2010 Europe
|Herbert Hoover National Historic Site Recruits Volunteers for National Public Lands Day, Sept. 28|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Friday, 30 August 2013 12:49|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— On Saturday, September 28, volunteers around the nation will visit their favorite parks, beaches, wildlife preserves, or forests and chip in to help improve these treasured places – and to celebrate the 20th annual National Public Lands Day, the largest, single-day volunteer event for public lands in our country.
Volunteers are needed at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site in West Branch, Iowa to help plant trees, spread gravel and mulch on the landscape, and wash down picket fences. Volunteers who participate will be rewarded with a coupon for free entry into their favorite federal public land areas that have entrance fees.
If you would like to help, contact Adam Prato at (319) 643-2541. Meet at the Visitor Center at 8:30 a.m. for an orientation and to get signed up. Work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable work clothes. Water, sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses, and hats are recommended. Long pants and closed-toe footwear are required.
The National Environmental Education Foundation coordinates National Public Lands Day. For more information about National Public Lands Day, visit publiclandsday.org.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum are in West Branch, Iowa at exit 254 off I-80. Both are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. For more information go online at www.nps.gov/heho or call (319) 643-2541.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
110 Parkside Drive
PO Box 607
West Branch, Iowa 52358
319 643-2541 phone
319 643-7864 fax
Tags See All Tags