- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS5 on Demand
- Discount - I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro
- 19.95$ Mark/Space Missing Sync For Windows Mobile MAC cheap oem
- Buy Dreamweaver CS5: The Missing Manual (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Macro and Close-Up (en)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Discount - Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 SP3
- Download Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- 9.95$ BinaryFruit DriveDX 1.2 MAC cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Alias Design 2014 (64-bit)
|Herbert Hoover National Historic Site -- This week’s National Park Getaway|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Wednesday, 20 June 2012 13:14|
WEST BRANCH, Iowa – This week the National Park Getaway takes readers to east central Iowa to visit the birthplace of the 31st president of the United States.
Ten miles east of Iowa City, Herbert Hoover National Historic Site tells the story of Hoover’s life and achievements, and how a small community opened a world of opportunity to a child of simple beginnings.
Visitors can tour the cottage where Hoover was born, a blacksmith shop, West Branch’s first one-room schoolhouse, and the Friends Meetinghouse where the Hoover family worshipped. Also located on the grounds are the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum, the gravesites of President and Mrs. Hoover and an 81-acre tallgrass prairie.
If you visit this summer, you’ll find plenty of activities designed to entertain. The park is hosting a summer concert series on Thursdays through June and family day camps throughout July. If you’re in the area, you won’t want to miss the annual Hoover’s Hometown Days festival, celebrated during the first weekend of August.
Visit www.nps.gov/getaways to learn about Herbert Hoover and the turbulent era of his presidency.
About the National Park Service. More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America’s 397 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Learn more at www.nps.gov.
Tags See All Tags