- 249.95$ Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012 cheap oem
- Download Acronis True Image 11 Home
- Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 MAC
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy OEM Mindjet MindManager 9 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop Retouching Techniques: Beauty Portraits (Feb. 2013)
- Buy Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Maya 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS: Page Layouts
- Buy OEM Flying Meat Acorn 2 MAC
- Download Nik Software Dfine 2.0 MAC
|Herbert Hoover NHS: Artists Selected for 2011 Residency Program|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Friday, 13 May 2011 07:56|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— This year two writers, M.S. Coe and Gaynell Gavin, will be Artists-in-Residence at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site. During their residencies Ms. Coe and Dr. Gavin will be available to interact with park visitors as they write in the park. Each will also present a public program. The Artist-in-Residence (AIR) Program at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site promotes creative means of communicating the park's national significance and its relevance to visitors.
Gaynell Gavin's prose and poetry has been published in many literary journals and anthologies. Her poetry chapbook, Intersections, was published by Main Street Rag Publishing. Her essay, "What We Have," published in Prairie Schooner, was included among "Notable Essays" in The Best American Essays 2009. This essay, like much of her work, is grounded in the Midwest. She is originally from Illinois and is a faculty member at Claflin University in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Dr. Gavin will be the Artist-in-Residence from May 28 through June 20.
M.S. Coe grew up in the Sonoran and Mojave deserts. She worked at the University of Arizona Poetry Center and as a reader for Sonora Review and is currently an assistant editor of Epoch literary magazine. She teaches English and creative writing at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, where she will receive her MFA degree. Her fiction often explores the disassociation characters feel when placed into strange environments and how they reconcile with their surroundings. Ms. Coe will be the Artist-in-Residence from July 2 through July 20.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum are in West Branch, Iowa at exit 254 off I-80. Both are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. For more information go online at www.nps.gov/heho or call (319) 643-2541. They are supported in part by the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library Association. The Hoover Association’s annual dinner is May 20. Those attending will have an opportunity to meet five of Herbert Hoover’s secretaries. To make reservations by May 16, call (319) 643-5327 or 1-800-828-0475.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
110 Parkside Drive
PO Box 607
West Branch, Iowa 52358
Tags See All Tags