- Discount - Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 (64-bit)
- 39.95$ BeLight Software Live Interior 3D Pro Edition MAC cheap oem
- 99.95$ Resolume Avenue 3 MAC cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - MySQL Essential Training cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - SQL Server 2008 Essential Training
- Buy Cheap CodeGear RAD Studio 2010 Architect
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (32 bit)
- Buy OEM ElcomSoft Advanced ARJ Password Recovery 2.0
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (32 bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Rob Papen Predator MAC
|Herbert Hoover NHS News Release: Prescribed Fire Planned for April|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Friday, 06 April 2012 08:20|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— The National Park Service will burn part of the 81-acre tallgrass prairie at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site during the week April 9 through April 13. Weather and safety considerations will determine the exact date and time of the fire. A specially trained National Park Service fire crew burned other parts of the prairie last May. Prescribed fires are an effective method of maintaining the grassland at Herbert Hoover NHS.
“With periodic burning, visitors may see over time healthier prairie grasses and a greater diversity of native wildflowers,” said park superintendent Pete Swisher.
The National Park Service follows a scientific prescription for prairie burning. The agency uses a “burn plan” which describes the objectives of the fire, the fuel available in the prairie, the size and location of the prescribed burn, and the precise conditions for the fire. Safety considerations and smoke control play important roles in the burn plan. Although the prescribed fire crew will employ methods that minimize the amount of smoke produced, anyone suffering from asthma, emphysema, or lung disease, and living within one mile of the National Historic Site should contact the park at (319) 643-2541. If they leave their name, address, and telephone number, park staff will notify them in advance of the fire.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum are in West Branch, Iowa at exit 254 off I-80. Both are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. Parking is limited so please allow extra time to find a parking space. For more information go online at www.nps.gov/heho or call (319) 643-2541.
Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
110 Parkside Drive
PO Box 607
West Branch, Iowa 52358
319 643-2541 phone
319 643-7864 fax
Tags See All Tags