- Buy Cheap Autodesk Revit Structure 2012
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy OEM Nikon Capture NX 2
- Download Adobe Edge Animate CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 169.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
- Buy Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate (en,ru,hu,nl,da,es,it,zh,ko,de,nb,pl,pt,fi,fr,cs,sv,ja)
- Download Ashampoo Uninstaller 3
- Buy Lynda.com - V-Ray 2 0 for 3DS Max Essential Training (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 (en)
- Download Autodesk Revit Structure 2012
- Buy Cheap Eset Smart Security 5 (64-bit)
- Download Pixologic ZBrush 4R6 MAC
|Hispanic Population Continues to Rise in Iowa|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Wednesday, 22 June 2011 15:40|
AMES, Iowa – More than 151,000 Iowans claimed Hispanic or Latino origin on the 2010 census questionnaire. This is the largest minority group in the state at five percent, as detailed in the Iowa State University Extension report “Race and Hispanic Origin in Iowa’s Counties, 1980-2010.”
The White group in Iowa still outnumbers other groups, at 91 percent, but minority groups have increased by 11.3 percent in the last decade. The number of Whites increased by nearly 33,000, whereas minority groups increased by 130,000.
The Hispanic (any race) minority group increased the most in Iowa over the last decade.
“For some of these counties and communities, there are many minority people, and in other areas there are relatively few,” said Sandra Burke, assistant scientist in economics. “In a number of these counties, it’s going to be largely an increase in the Latino/Hispanic population.”
Crawford County and Buena Vista County had the highest percentage of Hispanics, 24.2 and 22.7 percent respectively. Many other counties reported more than 10 percent Hispanic/Latino population.
“Those counties have had more Hispanic and Latino people taking the hard jobs in the meat plants, as well as jobs in ag processing, construction and hotel service; perhaps more than other racial groups have shown at this point,” Burke said.
The full report is available for download on the Community Vitality Center website at www.cvcia.org.
Tags See All Tags