- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard
- 29.95$ Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X4 cheap oem
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Bootstrap 2 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Autodesk NavisWorks Simulate 2009
- 9.95$ Brainjuice Blogo MAC cheap oem
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Power Shortcuts cheap oem
- Download Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5
- Discount - Corel Paint it
- Download Corel Painter X MAC
|HOLIDAY RECYCLING REMINDERS|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Erin Robinson Vorac|
|Monday, 19 December 2011 16:19|
DAVENPORT, IA—Household waste in the United States increases by more than 25 percent between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, creating an extra one million tons per week. But locally, not all of this waste has to end up in a landfill.
Throughout Scott County, many holiday-related items can be recycled through curbside and drop-off recycling programs. Examples include: boxes from electronics, toys, shoes & shirts, wrapping paper tubes, gift/shopping bags made of paper, tissue paper, greeting cards, envelopes, newspapers, advertisements, magazines, catalogs, #1 and #2 plastics, glass food and beverage containers, steel cans, popcorn and cookie tins, aluminum cans & pie plates.
However, not all holiday waste can be recycled. Items such as wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, Styrofoam, plastic film, artificial Christmas trees and Christmas lights are considered contaminants to the recycling process and should not be placed in curbside or drop-off recycling containers.
Christmas lights, along with computers, monitors, televisions, printers, digital cameras and video game systems are considered electronic waste, or e-waste. These items can be recycled weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Electronic Demanufacturing Facility, 1048 East 59th Street in Davenport. There is no charge to residents from Scott and Rock Island counties. However, fees apply for e-waste from businesses. Call (563) 823-0119 for more information. The cities of Bettendorf and Davenport collect large e-waste items (not Christmas lights) at the curb from residents on bulky waste/recycling day and deliver them to the Electronic Demanufacturing Facility for recycling.
Tags See All Tags