- Discount - proDAD ReSpeedr 1 (32-bit)
- 49.95$ Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Best Practices for Flash-based Banner Ads
- Buy Xilisoft ISO Burner (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe SoundBooth CS4
- 279.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- 99.95$ Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (32-bit) (en,ja)
- Buy Cheap Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse 3
- Buy Marketcircle Billings 3 MAC (en)
- Download Electric Rain Swift 3d v6 MAC
|HOLIDAY RECYCLING REMINDERS|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Erin Robinson Vorac|
|Monday, 19 December 2011 16:19|
DAVENPORT, IA—Household waste in the United States increases by more than 25 percent between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, creating an extra one million tons per week. But locally, not all of this waste has to end up in a landfill.
Throughout Scott County, many holiday-related items can be recycled through curbside and drop-off recycling programs. Examples include: boxes from electronics, toys, shoes & shirts, wrapping paper tubes, gift/shopping bags made of paper, tissue paper, greeting cards, envelopes, newspapers, advertisements, magazines, catalogs, #1 and #2 plastics, glass food and beverage containers, steel cans, popcorn and cookie tins, aluminum cans & pie plates.
However, not all holiday waste can be recycled. Items such as wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, Styrofoam, plastic film, artificial Christmas trees and Christmas lights are considered contaminants to the recycling process and should not be placed in curbside or drop-off recycling containers.
Christmas lights, along with computers, monitors, televisions, printers, digital cameras and video game systems are considered electronic waste, or e-waste. These items can be recycled weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Electronic Demanufacturing Facility, 1048 East 59th Street in Davenport. There is no charge to residents from Scott and Rock Island counties. However, fees apply for e-waste from businesses. Call (563) 823-0119 for more information. The cities of Bettendorf and Davenport collect large e-waste items (not Christmas lights) at the curb from residents on bulky waste/recycling day and deliver them to the Electronic Demanufacturing Facility for recycling.
Tags See All Tags