- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CC (Full Lifetime License)
- Download Cyberlink Powercinema 5
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium MAC (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Download Objective Development Launch Bar 5 MAC
- 299.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word
- 49.95$ Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Fireworks CS4 Essential Training cheap oem
- Download CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (64-bit)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Real-World XML cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
- Buy OEM Adobe Audition CS5.5 MAC
|HOLIDAY RECYCLING REMINDERS|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Erin Robinson Vorac|
|Monday, 19 December 2011 16:19|
DAVENPORT, IA—Household waste in the United States increases by more than 25 percent between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, creating an extra one million tons per week. But locally, not all of this waste has to end up in a landfill.
Throughout Scott County, many holiday-related items can be recycled through curbside and drop-off recycling programs. Examples include: boxes from electronics, toys, shoes & shirts, wrapping paper tubes, gift/shopping bags made of paper, tissue paper, greeting cards, envelopes, newspapers, advertisements, magazines, catalogs, #1 and #2 plastics, glass food and beverage containers, steel cans, popcorn and cookie tins, aluminum cans & pie plates.
However, not all holiday waste can be recycled. Items such as wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, Styrofoam, plastic film, artificial Christmas trees and Christmas lights are considered contaminants to the recycling process and should not be placed in curbside or drop-off recycling containers.
Christmas lights, along with computers, monitors, televisions, printers, digital cameras and video game systems are considered electronic waste, or e-waste. These items can be recycled weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Electronic Demanufacturing Facility, 1048 East 59th Street in Davenport. There is no charge to residents from Scott and Rock Island counties. However, fees apply for e-waste from businesses. Call (563) 823-0119 for more information. The cities of Bettendorf and Davenport collect large e-waste items (not Christmas lights) at the curb from residents on bulky waste/recycling day and deliver them to the Electronic Demanufacturing Facility for recycling.
Tags See All Tags