- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Start with a Theme: Video Blogs in WordPress
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap JThink Jaikoz Audio Tagger 3 MAC
- 59.95$ Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2009
- Buy OEM ACDSee Pro 4
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Create a Sortable Photo Gallery with jQuery
- Discount - Lynda.com - Joomla!: Creating and Editing Custom Templates
- Buy Panic CandyBar 3 MAC (en)
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Avid Pro Tools 10
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office InfoPath 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 MAC
|HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE MONTH LOCAL PROGRAMMING ON WQPT|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Tuesday, 03 April 2012 07:47|
MOLINE, ILLINOIS – WQPT will be airing a variety of local programs to commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Month beginning with a very special “The Cities with Jim Mertens” on Thursday, April 5 at 6:30 pm with an encore presentation on Sunday, April 8 at 5:30 pm. His guests include Eva Schloss, whose mother married Otto Frank, the father of Anne Frank. Ms. Schloss, a Holocaust survivor, is in town as a part of the Putnam Museums new exhibit “Anne Frank: A History for Today” which will run through May 28, 2012.
WQPT will also be airing a re-edited version of “3 Esthers,” a documentary the station produced in 1983. The original documentary was researched and narrated by Dr. Art Pitz. Dr. Pitz returns to do a new opening and to bring the viewer up-to-date on the three women. “We’re also adding some biographical photos from the three ladies and adding more photos to document the Holocaust through their stories” said Lora Adams, WQPT Director of Marketing and Local Content.
The re-edited documentary will be shown at a community screening on Thursday, April 26 at 6 pm at the Western Illinois University Quad Cities (Riverfront) campus in room 111. Dr. Alvin Goldfarb, the past President of Western Illinois University will be the guest speaker, discussing his growing up with parents who survived the Holocaust.
On April 27th at 7 pm on a special edition of “Artists in Profile,” Ballet Quad Cities’ production of “From the Pages of a Young Girls Life” will be presented. The ballet was originally produced in 2005 with choreography by former Ballet Quad Cities Artistic Director, Johanne Jakhelln and tells the story of Anne Frank. WQPT taped the Ballet Quad Cities March 2nd performance.
Other programs include “Gefilte-Fish Chronicles” on Tuesday, April 3 at 8 pm and Jewish Soldiers in Blue & Grey on Tuesday, April 10 at 8 pm.
Sponsors for Holocaust Remembrance Month programs and educational outreach include: Premier Sponsor – The Singh Group, Merrill Lynch Quad Cities, Jewish Federation of the Quad Cities, Western Illinois University Student Government Association, The Rauch II Foundation, The Martin D. & Barbara H. Rich Family Foundation, Daniel Portes and Judy Shawver, and Western Illinois University Quad Cities.
WQPT is a media service of Western Illinois University located in Moline, Illinois
Tags See All Tags