- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS Animations
- Discount - Autodesk Revit 2014
- Download Mariner Write 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Excel 2007 Dashboards and Reports For Dummies
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS6 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - GFI FAXmaker 14.1
- Download Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Download ARTS PDF Aerialist
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Professional CS6
- 349.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Altova DiffDog 2009
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS MAC
- Download Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 Ultra
|Home Food Preservation 101|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Vera Stokes|
|Wednesday, 23 May 2012 07:57|
Home Food Preservation 101 will be offered on June 21, 2012 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Freight House, 421 W. River Drive in Davenport.
The workshop, taught by ISU Extension and Outreach specialist, Vera Stokes, is intended for those wanting to learn how to safely preserve food. It will also serve as a refresher for those who have experience preserving food.
Since 2006, there have been new canning recommendations that everyone should be aware of when canning at home. Participants will receive current Iowa State University Extension food preservation publications and learn about a new program, Preserve the Taste of Summer.
The workshop is $10.00 and participants need to register by June 15 by calling the Extension Office at 563-359-7577 so there are enough materials available.
“People are ‘rediscovering’ the joy and economies and fresh taste of home gardening and want to preserve that bounty to enjoy throughout the year by freezing, drying or canning those foods,” says Stokes. The program will touch on canning, both hot water bath and pressure canning, freezing, equipment needed and a review of resources available.
Food preservation information and answers to your questions are available by calling the Iowa State University toll free Answer Line 1-800-262-3804 or 1-800-735-2942 (Relay Iowa phone linkage for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals). The Answer Line is staffed Monday through Friday from 9 am – 12noon, 1 pm to 4 pm.
Tags See All Tags