- Discount - Lynda.com - Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroom
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouching
- 49.95$ GFI FAXmaker 14.1 cheap oem
- Buy Smith Micro Anime Studio Pro 7 MAC (en,fr,de)
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Chief Architect Premier X6
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010
- Discount - Marketcircle Billings 3 MAC
- 49.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 MAC cheap oem
- Download Pitney Bowes MapInfo Professional 11.5
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2010 North America
- 299.95$ Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
|Home Food Preservation 101|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Vera Stokes|
|Wednesday, 23 May 2012 07:57|
Home Food Preservation 101 will be offered on June 21, 2012 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Freight House, 421 W. River Drive in Davenport.
The workshop, taught by ISU Extension and Outreach specialist, Vera Stokes, is intended for those wanting to learn how to safely preserve food. It will also serve as a refresher for those who have experience preserving food.
Since 2006, there have been new canning recommendations that everyone should be aware of when canning at home. Participants will receive current Iowa State University Extension food preservation publications and learn about a new program, Preserve the Taste of Summer.
The workshop is $10.00 and participants need to register by June 15 by calling the Extension Office at 563-359-7577 so there are enough materials available.
“People are ‘rediscovering’ the joy and economies and fresh taste of home gardening and want to preserve that bounty to enjoy throughout the year by freezing, drying or canning those foods,” says Stokes. The program will touch on canning, both hot water bath and pressure canning, freezing, equipment needed and a review of resources available.
Food preservation information and answers to your questions are available by calling the Iowa State University toll free Answer Line 1-800-262-3804 or 1-800-735-2942 (Relay Iowa phone linkage for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals). The Answer Line is staffed Monday through Friday from 9 am – 12noon, 1 pm to 4 pm.
Tags See All Tags