- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Maya 2013 (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO cheap oem
- Buy Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Illustrator CS4 For Dummies
- 19.95$ FileMaker Bento 3 MAC cheap oem
- 39.95$ Corel Digital Studio 2010 cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 15: Creating a Sports Opening Title
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 MAC
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Solidworks 2013 Premium (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap 4Videosoft AMV Media Converter 3
- 59.95$ Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
|Hoover’s Hometown Days Celebrates the “Master of Emergencies” in West Branch, Iowa|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Adam Prato|
|Tuesday, 16 July 2013 13:17|
WEST BRANCH, IOWA— This year’s Hoover’s Hometown Days in historic West Branch, Iowa is filled with fun activities for families. The annual event, August 2 and 3, celebrates Herbert Hoover’s birthday. It showcases entertainment and great tasting Iowa food in the hometown of the 31st President of the United States. The theme for this year’s celebration is “Master of Emergencies,” honoring Herbert Hoover’s many humanitarian accomplishments.
Starting on Friday evening August 2, the West Branch Fire Department hosts a dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs and a bags tournament. There will also be the Lion’s Club pedal tractor pull and Big Wheel races sponsored by the City of West Branch. The Nate Klostermann band rounds out Friday’s events, playing from 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
A full day of scheduled events follows on Saturday, August 3 beginning with the Mayor’s Parade down Main Street at 10:00 a.m. The day also features The Bill Riley Talent Search, the National Hoover-ball Championships, and the action-packed stage combat antics of Rage Theatrics. Nearly 100 exhibitors will include Into the Heart of Africa, University of Iowa Museum of Natural History, Vincent Toy Shop, a broom maker, a rope maker, and many others. Families can head to the Village Green for inflatable rides: Euro Bungy, Boot Camp Challenge Obstacle Course, Li’l Builders Toddler Zone, Tiger Bounce, and more. The Iowa Military Veterans Band performs at 1:30 p.m. and the Legacy Girls perform at 6:30 p.m. The festivities close at dusk with fireworks synchronized with the music of the Cedar Rapids Municipal Band.
West Branch, Iowa is at exit 254 off I-80. For more information or a schedule of events visit hoovershometowndays.org. Hoover’s Hometown Days is a collaboration among numerous West Branch organizations, including the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library Association, Main Street West Branch, the City of West Branch, Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum, and Herbert Hoover National Historic Site. Parking is limited so allow time to find a parking space.
Tags See All Tags