- Buy Cheap Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64-bit)
- Download ACDSee Pro 2
- Discount - Sony Vegas Pro 8
- Download Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 MAC
- Buy Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CS4 (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS Animations
- Discount - ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (64-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium MAC
- Download Autodesk Maya 2009 Unlimited
- Buy Adobe Contribute CS5 MAC (en,de,es,fr,ja)
- Buy OEM Red Giant Bullet Suite 11 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 (32-bit)
|Hotel Blackhawk's Bix Bistro Is Wine Spectator 2012 Award of Excellence Recipient|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Tim Heim|
|Tuesday, 17 July 2012 09:40|
Yearly national award recognizes theme, selections in choosing recipients
Davenport, IA – Bix Bistro, the restaurant within Hotel Blackhawk, has been chosen as a 2012 Award of Excellence recipient by Wine Spectator, the preeminent voice of the wine industry. The award will be featured in the August issue of the magazine (hitting newsstands July 24th).
An Award of Excellence is received by a restaurant whose lists offer a well-chosen selection of quality producers, along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style. Typically, these lists offer at least 100 selections. The recognition is part of Wine Spectator’s annual Restaurant Wine List Awards.
“We’re delighted to have Bix Bistro recognized by Wine Spectator,” said Hotel Blackhawk General Manager Tim Heim. “It’s very rewarding to see our food and beverage team, including Abe Blair, our Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, setting this standard in the Quad Cities.”
Wine Spectator began in 1976 as a tabloid newspaper with circulation of under 5,000. It is now the most widely-read wine magazine in the world. In 1996, it launched www.winespectator.com and is the online source for news and information about the wine industry. The site includes archives of over 250,000 wine reviews.
Hotel Blackhawk re-opened December 15th, 2010. The hotel retains its 95-year-old historic character while featuring modern conveniences throughout the 130 guestrooms and extended-stay suites, six meeting rooms and up to 300-person banquet capacity in the signature Gold Room.
Other features include wireless internet, a fitness center, business center, swimming pool, hot tub, Spa Luce (lu-CHAY), Milan Flower Shop, the Bix Bistro restaurant, the Beignet (been-YAY) Done That coffee shop and Blackhawk Bowl & Martini Lounge. The hotel is part of the Summit Hotels & Resorts group (www.summithotels.com) and the Historic Hotels of America network (www.historichotels.org).
Tags See All Tags