|Hours, Holiday Changes, and Summer Events at Rock Island Library for Fourth of July Week|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Tuesday, 02 July 2013 09:50|
Due to the Independence Day holiday, all Rock Island Public Libraries will close at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, July 3, and remain closed for the July 4th holiday. Libraries will reopen at the regular time on Friday, July 5.
Despite the shortened week, the library is still offering plenty of summer reading events as part of its “Have Book, Will Travel” and “Beneath the Surface” programs for children, adults and teens. Events next week include:
· Scrapbooking Mondays for kids, 3:00 pm, on Monday, July 1 in the Rock Island Main Library Children’s Room, 401 19th Street. All materials will be supplied.
· Storytimes for ages birth to five at the Rock Island 30/31 Branch Library at 10:30 am on Tuesday, July 2, and at the Rock Island Southwest Branch Library on Wednesday, July 3.
· Global Math Club for kids, 3:30 to 4:30 pm, Tuesday, July 2, at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street.
· Cake Archeology cake decorating program for teens ages 12 to 18, noon to 1:00 pm, Tuesday, July 2, at Rock Island Southwest Branch Library, 9010 Ridgewood Road.
· Using your Apple iPad program for adults and seniors, 6:30 pm, Tuesday, July 2, Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street. For Apple devices only; participants should bring their device with them to the class.
Due to the holiday, there will be no Friends of the Library half-price book sale and no Independent movie in July. The Wednesday Lego block club and Friday Storytime programs previously announced at the Main Library have also been cancelled for this week only.
2013 Summer reading contests and programs are funded by Friends of the Rock Island Public Library, the Milan-Blackhawk Area Public Library District (Southwest Branch location), and the Rock Island Public Library Foundation.(End)
Tags See All Tags