- 9.95$ Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Avid Media Composer 6 MAC (64 bit) (en)
- 149.95$ MathWorks MatLab R2010b cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CC Student And Teacher Edition (Full LifeTime license) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,cs,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- Discount - Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2013 (USA Version)
- 49.95$ Apple Final Cut Express 4 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop 3 MAC
- 149.95$ Adobe Illustrator CC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap CrystalIdea Uninstall Tool 2.5
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn German (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection
- Download Microsoft Expression Studio 3
- Buy Corel Painter X (en)
|How to Curb Distraction during Family Time: No Cell Phone Day|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Monday, 11 August 2014 13:53|
5 Tips for Enriching Bonds from Musical Maestro Delfeayo Marsalis
If you’re like jazz trombonist and music producer Delfeayo Marsalis, a member of the acclaimed Marsalis family from New Orleans, you appreciate the “old-school” ways of doing things.
For Marsalis, that means doing without automated music created and played at the push of a button, cooking without a microwave and not being too quick to replace a lost cell phone.
“Some people ask, ‘How could you go weeks without replacing your phone?’ But for me, I look at it as a much needed vacation,” he says.
“At the same time, I’m like most other people: when I have a smart phone on me, I find myself checking it frequently.”
While Marsalis isn’t anti-technology, he fondly recalls a time when more people interacted with others who are right in front of them, rather than staring at a gadget in their hand – especially when it comes to family. The father of a young teenager, he offers the following tips for improving quality time by doing without the ubiquity of cell phones.
About Delfeayo Marsalis
While Delfeayo Marsalis (dmarsalis.com) is known primarily for his work as a jazz trombonist and music producer, and has been involved with youth education for many years. In 2000, he founded the Uptown Music Theatre to provide arts education for the youth of New Orleans. UMT has staged 16 of his original musicals. Inspired by his autistic younger brother, Mboya, Delfeayo has volunteered and presented shows at Children’s Hospital of New Orleans, including the therapeutic, “Swinging with the Cool School.” “No Cell Phone Day” is his first children’s book.
Tags See All Tags