- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server
- Discount - Autodesk Revit MEP 2011
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Discount - Apple Motion 5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3Ds Max Design 2010
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC
- Discount - Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012
- Download Palm Pre: The Missing Manual
- Download Adobe Captivate 5 MAC
- Buy Cheap SmartSound SonicFire Pro 5 Scoring
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy OEM 1Click DVD Movie 3
- Discount - Lynda.com - Joomla!: Creating and Editing Custom Templates
|How To Write A Happy Ending|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Friday, 20 July 2012 14:45|
By: Joe Thomas of Left Brain Digital
I can't even fathom the number of conversations I've had with new clients suffering from a severe case of "I Just Don't Get It!" disease. The stories of why they wrote their books or developed their products are all different, but the endings are the same: They're not selling diddly. Squat. Nada.
Before we get too far into the whys and why nots, let me warn you, I am not going to tell you what you want to hear. There's no magic form for you to fill out to get instant access to my "Special Report," nor is there a download of secret “For Your Eyes Only" information designed to get you on my mailing list. (My next rant is going to be about buying into the web marketing trap.)
Instead, I’ll go straight to the “why,” which is as complicated as it is simple: People can't buy what they can't find.
Most web marketing gurus will tell you that Search Engine Optimization can help direct potential customers to your book or product, and why you should hire them to get you listed front and center. I am not that guy. Oh, I believe in the power of Google, but there are major caveats:
Here’s a bit of free advice: If your marketing plan to reach 100,000 book or product sales is based on people finding you without a clue who you are, keep your day job and forget about buying the fancy car with your profits. You need exposure. You need to get your name and the name of your book, product or business in the news – in newspapers (they all put their content online nowadays), magazines and e-zines and blogs. Get yourself interviewed on talk radio and TV, if you can. Get your social network sites up and active and build a following.
Plenty of people do it themselves. If you find that too difficult or time-consuming, hire professionals to do it for you. There are 5 hundred million thousand books and products for sale online. If you want folks to know what to search for, they have to know that you exist and what you have to offer.
And the happy ending will come.
About Joe Thomas
Joe Thomas is the founder and owner of Left Brain Digital (www.leftbraindigital.com), a web development company. He’s an award-winning web designer/developer with more than 18 years of experience in print and web design and development. Thomas' work became a major influence in graphic and web design in the "Y2K" era of the Internet's dot-com explosion.
Tags See All Tags