- Buy Cheap Acala AVI DivX MPEG XviD VOB to PSP
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2013 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroom
- Buy OEM Alien Skin Blow Up 3 MAC
- 19.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 Ultra
- Buy Cheap Adobe SoundBooth CS4
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS3 Photographers Guide
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 New Features cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Color Correction in Final Cut Pro X cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Kigo Video Converter Pro MAC
- Download Omni Group OmniFocus MAC
- 19.95$ Karelia Software Sandvox 2 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies
|HUD AWARDS IOWA $1.1 MILLION TO HELP LOW-INCOME FAMILIES RECEIVE JOB TRAINING, EMPLOYMENT|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Donna White|
|Tuesday, 27 September 2011 11:16|
HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Family Self-Sufficiency Program (HCV/FSS) supports public housing agencies (PHAs) to retain or hire family self-sufficiency coordinators. These coordinators in turn link adults in the HCV program with welfare agencies, schools, businesses and other local partners to develop the skills and experience to enable them to obtain jobs that pay a living wage. The local organizations typically provide participating individuals job training, childcare, counseling, transportation, job placement and homeownership counseling.
Housing agencies in Iowa received the following grants:
Participants in the HCV-FSS program sign a contract that requires the head of the household will get a job and the family will no longer receive welfare assistance at the end of the five-year term. As the family’s income rises, a portion of that increased income is deposited in an interest-bearing escrow account. If the family completes its FSS contract, the family receives the escrow funds that it can use for any purpose, including a down payment on a home, paying educational expenses, starting a business or paying back debts.
HUD’s Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Program is a long-standing resource for increasing economic security and self-sufficiency among participants. HUD issued a new report earlier this year
that evaluated the effectiveness of the FSS Program. Conducted from 2005 to 2009, the study shows the financial benefits are substantial for participants who complete the program. This study is the second of a three-part series by HUD that evaluate the effects of the FSS program. The first study found individuals who participated in the FSS program fared better financially than those who did not enroll in the program. HUD’s Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R) will launch the third and final installment to complete the series this year.
Tags See All Tags