- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Filters cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Professional CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Ashampoo Movie Shrink And Burn 3
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Composition (en)
- Discount - Parallels Desktop 9 MAC
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 2
- 99.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (64bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Automotive 2012
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- 19.95$ Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop cheap oem
- 29.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 MAC cheap oem
|HUD AWARDS OVER $428,000 TO FIGHT HOUSING DISCRIMINATION IN IOWA|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Shantae Goodloe|
|Friday, 10 February 2012 08:57|
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development announced today that it has awarded $428,6222 to Cedar Rapids Civil Rights Commission (CRCRC), Davenport Civil Rights Commission (DCRC), Des Moines Human Rights Department (DMHRD), Iowa Civil Rights Commission (ICRC), Mason City Human Rights Commission (MCHRC), Sioux City Human Rights Commission (SCHRC), and Waterloo Commission on Human Rights (WCHR) to enforce fair housing laws and help communities and housing providers to better understand their fair housing rights and responsibilities. (Read project description for Iowa funding.) The funds, part of more than $7.5 million distributed nationwide today, will also be used to promote the Department’s new Equal Access to Housing regulation, which ensures that HUD housing and programs are open to all families, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
“Today’s announcement demonstrates the Obama Administration’s commitment to ending housing discrimination, no matter what form it takes,” said John Trasviña, HUD Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity. “With these funds, state and local government agencies on the front line of the fight will be able to continue their efforts to take on today’s many fair housing challenges.”
In awarding the funds, which are provided through HUD’s Fair Housing Assistance Program (FHAP), HUD is responding to requests and suggestions from state and local government agencies that are seeking to partner with organizations that will assist in fair housing enforcement and outreach. The funds will help local communities learn more about their fair housing rights and housing providers meet their fair housing obligations, including those related to HUD’s new Equal Access to Housing regulation.
HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes: utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination; and transform the way HUD does business. More information about HUD and its programs is available on the Internet at www.hud.gov and http://espanol.hud.gov. You can also follow HUD on twitter @HUDnews, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HUD, or sign up for news alerts on HUD’s News Listserv.
Fair Housing Assistance Program (FHAP) Funding
The following Iowa agencies have received funding:
Tags See All Tags