- 119.95$ Adobe RoboHelp 10 cheap oem
- Download Adobe InCopy CS6 MAC
- Buy Cheap ACDSee Photo Manager 2009
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Wedding Photography for Everyone: Bridal Portraits
- Download Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails Beyond the Basics
- 99.95$ FontLab Fontographer 5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC (en)
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CS6
- Discount - Boris Final Effect Complete Multilangual 5.0
- Download Paragon CampTune 8 MAC
- Discount - Steinberg Halion 3
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12
|HUD CHARGES IOWA LANDLORDS WITH DISCRIMINATING AGAINST CHILD WITH CEREBRAL PALSY AND HER MOTHER|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by HUD Public Affairs|
|Thursday, 01 September 2011 07:43|
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today announced that it is charging John and Nancy Meany, owners of an apartment building in Traer, Iowa, with violating the Fair Housing Act for refusing to accommodate a request from a family with a child with cerebral palsy. HUD brings the charge on behalf of the child and her mother, claiming the owners refused to allow the seven-year-old girl to have a medically-prescribed emotional support animal. Additionally, the owners allegedly told the mother that if she got the animal, she would have to either move or pay more money to stay.
The Fair Housing Act makes it unlawful for landlords to refuse a reasonable accommodation in their rules, policies, practices, or services when needed to provide persons with disabilities an equal opportunity to use or enjoy a dwelling. It is also against the law to impose different rules and restrictions on those who make such request, including charging them extra.
The mother and child eventually moved out of the building to another apartment, which cost more and was much farther from the child’s school.
Tags See All Tags