- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 New Features cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit)
- Download VMware Workstation 8
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CC (Full LifeTime License)
- 279.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC (en,ja)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Word 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk MotionBuilder 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Flash Professional CS5 & Flash Catalyst CS5 For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training MAC
- Buy Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (32-bit) (en,fr,it,de,ru,ja,ch,pt,kr)
- Discount - Maxon BodyPaint 3D R3
- Buy OEM Geometric CAMWorks 2014 32-bit
- Buy OEM Avid Media Composer 5
|HUMILITY OF MARY SUMMER FUNDRAISING EVENTS|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Sister Mary Ann Vogel, CHM|
|Tuesday, 31 May 2011 12:38|
The Development Committee of the Board of Humility of Mary Housing, Inc. is busy planning several fundraising events for the summer. First on the schedule is a fun-filled Night at the Family Museum. If you are looking for an activity that you and your children or grandchildren can enjoy together, the Family Museum in Bettendorf is the place to be Saturday, June 11 from 5pm to 8pm. Clifford the Big Red Dog will be there as a special guest. In addition, there will be hot dogs, chips, beverage, and dessert; entertainment; and entrance to the museum and its many activity centers. Admission is $5. Please call 563-326-1330 to make your reservation.
This event, as well as the others being planned, is to benefit Humility of Mary Housing, Inc. (HMHI) in its mission to provide a supportive housing program and opportunities for growth and development to single parent families who have experienced homelessness. It is a program that helps families help themselves; helps them reach their potential and their dreams. It is a program that helps two generations at once. The parents work on education and or job training goals as well as life skills of parenting, budgeting, nutrition and housekeeping to reach their goal of self-sufficiency. The children learn there is a different way to live; they achieve in school and get help when needed so cycles of homelessness and poverty can begin to disappear. One mother said HMHI “not only provided a roof over their heads but also a foundation under their feet.” Nearly 700 families including nearly 1400 children have been provided supportive housing services by HMHI since 1990. Each family has its own furnished apartment and works with one of the professional social workers on staff to put together a plan for achieving their goals. This plan, as well as other needs, is monitored through weekly meetings.
This program has grown and has been successful because it has a professional, committed and caring staff and a strong, supportive base of volunteers and donors who have a great passion for the mission of HMHI. The support of the Quad City community is essential in order for HMHI to continue working to meet the great need. Over 300 applications are received each year and there are only 47 apartments available in the program.
Other events being planned are the 22nd annual, very large, Fresh Start Benefit Sale of new and gently used items held at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds starting the evening of August 16 and going through noon of August 19; and, the second annual Jazz Brunch scheduled for September 25 at the Crow Valley Golf Club. Watch for more information on these events.
Tags See All Tags