- Download Lynda.com - Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Buy Adobe Captivate 5 (en,de,fr,ja,it,es,ko)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard
- Download Lynda.com - HTML5: Messaging And Communications In Depth
- Discount - Nikon Capture NX 2.4.5 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Inventor 2013
- 149.95$ Autodesk Mudbox 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 MAC (en,fr,es,de,it,nl,pt,ja,sv,fi,no,da,zh,ko,cs,ru,tr,pl,ro,hu,uk,ar,he,el)
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,hu,pl,cs,tr,ko)
|HUXLEY TOOL-MAKING COMPANY EARNS IOWA FARM BUREAU’S RENEW RURAL IOWA ENTREPRENEUR OF MONTH AWARD|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Heather Lilienthal|
|Tuesday, 28 February 2012 14:28|
WEST DES MOINES, IOWA – FEB. 27, 2012 – This month’s Iowa Farm Bureau Renew Rural Iowa entrepreneur of the month award recognizes an innovative tool-making company. Based in Huxley, Kreg Tool Company is a family-owned business that has steadily expanded its reach to woodworkers around the world while helping the local community.
“Kreg Tool Company is a great asset for the community. It brings jobs to the community, it brings people to the community,” said Huxley Mayor Craig Henry. “All things we want to see in a business is here at Kreg Tool.”
The Kreg Jig got its start in 1986 when Craig Sommerfeld, a tool and die maker by trade and a woodworker at heart, invented the tool while building his home. The easy and effective way to join wood quickly caught on at craft and trade shows. After years of selling the jig on his own, Sommerfeld and his wife, Kathie, founded the company in Huxley.
The business employed 12 people in 1990. Today, 115 employees work at Kreg Tool Company and the business has expanded its product line and facilities. Kreg products are available through distribution outlets across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and more.
“Our tools are just inspiring people to get into woodworking,” said Sommerfeld’s son, Todd, who is president of the company. “We have a product that is easy to use and works as promised…that’s been successful in building our brand. Our goal is to help our customers have more success with woodworking.”
Renew Rural Iowa (RRI) is an Iowa Farm Bureau Federation initiative supporting new and existing businesses through education, mentoring and financial resources. Look for RRI at EntreFest, held Mar. 8-9 in Ames. For more information, go to www.EntreFest.com. For more information about RRI, visit www.renewruraliowa.com.
About Iowa Farm Bureau
The Iowa Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots, statewide organization dedicated to enhancing the People, Progress and Pride of Iowa. More than 153,000 families in Iowa are Farm Bureau members, working together to achieve farm and rural prosperity. For more information about Farm Bureau and agriculture, visit the online Newsroom page at www.iowafarmbureau.com.
Tags See All Tags