- Discount - Intuit Quicken 2008 Home & Business
- Buy Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (64 bit) (en)
- Download Nero 10 Burning ROM
- Buy OEM GibbsCAM 2014 32-bit
- Buy Cheap Chief Architect X2
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CC (Full Lifetime License)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2010 (en)
- 49.95$ Roxio Toast 9 Titanium MAC cheap oem
- Discount - BurnAware Professional
- Buy Microsoft MapPoint 2013 Europe (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Fireworks CS6
- Buy Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- 19.95$ ElcomSoft Advanced ACT Password Recovery 2.35 cheap oem
|Hygiene Drive to Benefit Open Door Crisis Assistance Program|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Liz Strader|
|Monday, 31 March 2014 10:40|
Open Door, a nonprofit program managed by Skip-a-Long Family and Community Services, focuses on helping individuals and families in Rock Island, Henry, and Mercer County who are in immediate need due to crisis. The program offers an on-site food pantry and clothing, but also works directly with local social service agencies to connect those in crisis with the services that can help give them a “hand up,” not a handout. Whether it be a young mother who has recently left an abusive relationship, a man who is homeless after losing his job, or a family who is in need of transportation to school and work after a car accident, Open Door strives to be a one-stop program to get what is needed or to contact an agency that can meet the need of those in crisis.
Oftentimes, we forget that a family may have to choose between a loaf of bread and infant bath soap, or between a monthly medication and shampoo and toothpaste. Hygiene products can be expensive, but are important not only to the cleanliness of an individual but also to his or her self-esteem and self-worth. Imagine a middle-schooler walking into his classroom, not having had a shower in several days. The reactions by his classmates alone are a blow to the young child’s confidence, and, experienced frequently, could lead the child to avoid and even dread going to school. Simply having the products necessary to be clean can make a world of difference to a person, and that is where we are calling on the community to help!
Open Door will be hosting a hygiene drive at two locations in Rock Island, and we invite everyone to take a few minutes to purchase one or two items so we may give them directly to individuals and families who would otherwise go without. Visit us at one of the locations listed below and make a positive impact on someone’s life! For more details on the Open Door program, please visit www.salfcs.org/riopendoor
WHEN: Saturday, Apr. 12th, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
WHERE: Walgreens - 3100 - 11th St., Rock Island, IL and Walgreens – 2955 - 18th Ave, Rock Island, ILWHAT IS NEEDED: Shampoo, body soap, washcloths or puffs, toothbrushes, toothpaste, men’s and/or women’s razors, shaving cream, baby shampoo, infant and toddler toothpaste and toothbrushes, etc.
Tags See All Tags