- Download Objective Development Launch Bar 5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Home And Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - QuarkXpress 8 MAC
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (64-bit)
- Discount - FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5 Structure Syntax and Semantics cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2011 (64-bit) (en,ja)
- 9.95$ ConeXware PowerArchiver 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Captivate 5 MAC (en,de,fr,ja,it,es,ko)
- Download Microangelo Toolset 6
- Buy ABest Video to MOV SWF FLV Converter (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
|IBHS Offers Guidance on Reducing Risk of Frozen Pipes|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Joseph King|
|Friday, 25 January 2013 15:26|
Sub-zero temperatures are making life difficult for people throughout the country. Although you may be concentrated on making sure your fingers and toes don’t freeze right now, it is also important to make sure your plumbing doesn’t freeze.
A frozen pipe can lead to a pipe burst, which can lead to more than $5,000 in water damage. Despite the current cold temperatures, there are still some last-minute actions you can take to reduce your risks of costly damage.
FROZEN PIPE MYTHS
1. Only A Plumber Can Prevent Frozen Pipes
Not true. There are many things that you can do yourself to prevent your pipes from freezing, including sealing windows and doors, adding extra insulation, or use heat trace tape around various piping. Find more details at http://www.disastersafety.
2. Your Risks Go Away When Temperatures Begin To Warm
Actually, signs of a pipe burst are often only seen when temperatures begin to warm. When a pipe freezes the frozen water may act as a plug, allowing any problems to go unnoticed. Before checking to see if you have any issues when temperatures increase, shut off the water supply to reduce your water damage risks.
3. All Frozen Pipes Burst
A pipe can freeze and not burst. However, a frozen pipe leads to a pipe burst, which can cause more than $5,000 in water damage. Prevent a pipe from bursting by not letting them freeze. Use guidance available at http://www.disastersafety.
4. A Propane Torch Can Be Used To Thaw Pipes
Don’t even think about it! You may think it will thaw the pipes and prevent significant damage, but you are only increasing your risk of fire damage.
or via direct message on Twitter @jsalking.
Follow IBHS on Twitter at @DisasterSafety and on
# # #
Tags See All Tags