- Buy OEM Mariner StoryMill 3 MAC
- Buy Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - iOS SDK Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CC Student And Teacher Edition MAC (Full LifeTime license) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,no,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy ACDSee Pro 4 (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - C# Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe After Effects CS5.5 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2007 Professional
- Download Autodesk Stitcher Unlimited 2009 MAC
- 99.95$ Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Eset Smart Security 6 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Flash CS4 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Microsoft AutoRoute 2007 Europe
|Illinois Army National Guard mechanics assist Illinois Department of Transportation|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Illinois National Guard PAO|
|Thursday, 09 January 2014 10:40|
Soldiers will repair damaged trucks from winter storm
SPRINGFIELD, IL (01/08/2014)(readMedia)-- More than 30 Illinois Army National Guard mechanics were activated to support the winter storm efforts Jan. 8. Soldiers from across Illinois responded to Gov. Pat Quinn's request to supplement the supporting efforts of Illinois Central Management Services to the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) with truck repair and maintenance of winter storm equipment degraded by the events over the last week.
"The best of our best mechanics in the Illinois National Guard are ready to assist and share their expertise during this unique mission," said Brig. Gen. Daniel M. Krumrei of Springfield, the Adjutant General of the Illinois National Guard. "Whether turning wrenches or recovering vehicles on the snow-packed roads across Illinois, our men and women in the Illinois National Guard are proud to support the citizens of Illinois."
Soldiers from Company B, 634th Brigade Support Battalion (BSB) in Champaign; Company D, 634th BSB in Galva; Company E, 634th BSB in Joliet; Company G, 634th in Crestwood; 3625th Maintenance Company in North Riverside and 3637th Maintenance Company in Springfield all deployed to various IDOT locations and will assist until Friday.
"We are very appreciative of the assistance and dedicated service from the Illinois National Guard," said Illinois Transportation Secretary Ann L. Schneider. "The extreme temperatures coupled with the weight and volume of snow have been really hard on our equipment and has caused breakdowns in some areas. The help from the Illinois National Guard will get those trucks back on the road more quickly and efficiently, to continue the work necessary to ensure the continuing safety of the motoring public."
Earlier this week on Jan. 6, Quinn activated two Soldiers to assist IDOT and Illinois State Police to pull three civilian vehicles and five semi tractor-trailers out of the snow and line of traffic. Another 13 Soldiers were on stand-by to assist before all 15 Soldiers were relieved of duty Jan. 6.
Tags See All Tags