|ILLINOIS NATIONAL GUARD, POLISH MILITARY, OTHERS PARTICIPATE IN EARTHQUAKE RESPONSE EXERCISE IN SPRINGFIELD|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Illinois National Guard PAO|
|Wednesday, 14 May 2014 09:25|
SPRINGFIELD, IL (05/13/2014)(readMedia)-- The Illinois National Guard, Illinois Emergency Management Agency, and U.S Northern Command will hold a media availability during a week-long earthquake response exercise at the 183rd Fighter Wing in Springfield at 11:00 a.m. May 14. The media availability will coincide with a visit from the Illinois National Guard's State Partners from Poland.
• Illinois Air National Guard’s 183rd Fighter Wing based in Springfield, Ill.
• Illinois Army National Guard’s 65th Troop Command Brigade based in Springfield, Ill.
• Illinois National Guard State Partnership Program Polish delegation
• Media availability highlighting the Illinois National Guard’s earthquake response training and its strong partnership with Poland.
WHEN: Wednesday May 14, 2014 at 11:00AM Central Time (US & Canada)
WHERE:183rd Fighter Wing
• The Illinois National Guard is conducting a week-long exercise to prepare its units for rapidly responding to a major earthquake along the New Madrid and Wabash faults in southern Illinois.
• A delegation of Polish Army officers is visiting the Illinois National Guard to study the Guard’s domestic operations mission.
• The Polish delegation will observe three days of exercises.
• The delegation is part of the National Guard’s State Partnership Program, which partners U.S. states with European countries to support the Department of Defense security cooperation objectives.
• Representatives from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency and advisors from U.S. Northern Command are also participating in the exercise.
Tags See All Tags