- Download Frischluft Fresh Curves for AE and PrPro
- 99.95$ Navicat Premium 9 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Pixologic ZBrush 3 MAC
- Discount - IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Home and Landscape PRO 12
- 99.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition (en,da,de,es,fr,nl,pt,it,sv)
- Download Imagineer Systems mocha Pro v3.1
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Practical Photoshop Selections cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Arabic (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium
- 19.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Home And Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
|Illinois National Guard Soldiers Have Lunch with Chicago Cubs|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Capt. Dustin Cammack, Illinois National Guard Public Affairs|
|Thursday, 17 January 2013 09:44|
USO, 2/24th Marines Host Chicago Cubs Caravan
CHICAGO (01/17/2013)(readMedia)-- More than 50 Illinois National Guard Soldiers along with 250 other servicemembers from all branches of service joined the Chicago Cubs for lunch sponsored by the USO of Illinois at the 2013 Cubs Caravan in Chicago Jan. 16.
Hosted by 2nd Battalion, 24th Marine Reserve Regiment in Chicago, servicemembers were treated to lunch from D'Agostino's and had an opportunity to visit with Cubs players, management and front office.
The event started with the 2/24th Marine Color Guard posting the colors followed by an introduction by Cubs radio announcer Len Kasper.
"On behalf of the Chicago Cubs I want to give our thanks for everything you do to protect this country and our freedom," said Kasper.
Cubs manager, Dale Sveum, thanked the servicemembers for serving our country.
"Oh behalf of the Chicago Cubs we want to tell you how much we appreciate what you do here and abroad. We really appreciate that. I even have a tattoo that says thanks," said Sveum. "Thank you for having us here today to be able to serve you like you serve us all the time."
The Soldiers met and talked with the players and managers and appreciated the time the Cubs took to meet with them.
"I really liked it. Getting all the players out here mingling with the Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen – it was a good time," said Sgt. First Class Shawn Money of Dekalb. "And I'm impressed. I'm impressed they are out here doing this. You really don't see this that often."
For Staff Sgt. Benjamin Allen of Palatine, being a Cubs fan runs in the family.
"I've been a Cubs fan all my life and I really didn't have a choice. I grew up as one so it was nice to come see them all," said Allen. "My wife was excited I was coming for it, she is a big Theo Epstein fan."
Sgt. First Class Samer Elguindy of Chicago noted how welcoming the Cubs were to the servicemembers.
"I thought it was awesome. Not too often do I get to be served by the general manager or the top players," said Elguindy. "They were very warm and very easy to talk to and they didn't hesitate when asked to get a picture or autograph. It was really cool."
For more on the USO of Illinois visit http://usoofillinois.org/.
For more on the Chicago Cubs Caravan visit http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/
Illinois National Guard Soldiers share a laugh with Cubs outfielder David DeJesus and infielder Anthony Rizzo at the 2013 Chicago Cubs Caravan luncheon sponsored by the USO of Illinois in Chicago Jan. 16. More than 300 Active, Reserve and National Guard servicemembers were treated to lunch from D'Agostino's and had an opportunity to visit with Cubs players and management at the event hosted by the 2nd Battalion, 24th Marine Reserve Regiment in Chicago. U.S. Army photo by Capt. Dustin Cammack, Illinois National Guard Public Affairs.
Tags See All Tags